Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting family in Pittsburgh this week leading up to the Labor Day Holiday 2019.

We've been getting some spotty showers and the occasional hard rain, so I assume the trails at Raccoon State Park or Hillman are pretty soggy.

Are there some trails around that drain better than others?

Thanks!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm visiting family in Pittsburgh this week leading up to the Labor Day Holiday 2019.

We've been getting some spotty showers and the occasional hard rain, so I assume the trails at Raccoon State Park or Hillman are pretty soggy.

Are there some trails around that drain better than others?

Thanks!
I don't know where you are coming in from, but trail conditions around here are about as good/dry as they have been in 3 years. Sad but true. Unless maybe north/west of Pittsburgh has been that much worse recently with weather.

·
Registered
751 Posts
As Mike Aswell says no worries about mud in this area right now, August has been very dry compared to the rest of the year.

The trails at Raccoon Creek are not worth riding in any conditions and Hillman is probably quite overgrown, but likely dry.

My top places to ride around Pittsburgh are Frick Park, North Park, Alameda Park, and Roaring Run in Apollo, and I can confirm all of those are in great shape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.