Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming out for work and my client is putting me up at LaQuinta Resort and Spa. I have some free time on Saturday and was wondering if I should bring my bike? I looked around the SOCAL forum and cant decide. I am looking for XC type of stuff and hopefully something I can ride from the Hotel but can drive if needed. Coming from AZ so the terrain may be similiar. If some one has a gpx that would be awesome. Not looking for technical just fun and flowy type of stuff. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
896 Posts
You have a network of trails in the La Quinta Cove just above the hotel. They are similar to the Goat Trails in Cathedral City. I ride the Boo Hoff weekly. The lower network of trails around the water tanks doesn't have much climbing, but the top of the Boo Hoff is full of loose steep switchbacks that are fun. The forks in between are nice and can be turned into a decent loop. You gain about 1900 feet of elevation from the hotel to the top of the Boo Hoff. It is marked on GoogleEarth. Also, search the forums and you will find info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.