Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
a lazy pedaler
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rims are on its way!

I think I'm done with the questions regarding the build....I think!! not sure! :lol: so decided to open a thread for actual build advances and hope a good ending to this story.

Once the rims get here, they and the frame are going directly to the PC shop.

I'll take this opportunity to thank the guys who help me out at the Project thread, specially V and D, thank you guys.

Not going to be posting too often but when I do it hope to do it juicy *

* or for another question :lol:

·
a lazy pedaler
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok guys...as some guys said the wait was worthy...I LOVE IT!

Frameset and rims...

Couple of details...

The King...

Some Salsa...

and of course...

@ThreeD
thanks for pushing...I don't want to go there but this hasn't been easy to me.
@Mangoman @Coastkid71...the other day I took a couple of your pics to state the purpose of the fatbikes on my blog...hope you guys don't mind it.

the end...
do you see it?

I shouldn't do that...the handlebar is heaven in your hands.
as this is going to be my fun bike I decided to add some extra fun adding more red than I should...love it...well guys that's it for now...see you in 2 or 3 months for another juicy post...just a miracle will put the build done before Sept.

·
Lighten up.
1,089 Posts
Wow. You went all the way with the rims, too. I can relate to a lil' bike build obsession, but I've never done the rims before.

Representin'!

Where's your blog?

·
a lazy pedaler
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you guys...

@mangoman...a little? :lol: .... yeah, this build claimed for the rims too...at the beginning I was concern about doing some harm to them, but after some emails with the right guys, the conclusion was that the only thing you should be concern of is for the couple of grams you add to the build :p ....

hey M, what do you think?...I'm considering the color of the crankarms right know, I'm going for the profile crankset and thought about this:...like to triangle the red on the frame you know..seatpost clamp, headset and crankarms:

They are cro-moly so it won't be to much trouble to paint them cat yellow too ;)

I just started a blog in Spanish here in Mexico. Link in the signature.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Awesome! My buddy works for Cat and wants a pug bad. After I show him this it should be the straw the broke the camel's back! Can't wait to see it done.

·
a lazy pedaler
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did the paint job with a PC shop that is practically dedicated to CAT jobs...so I was able to find the right color...we have a CAT facility here in the state.

Show him this ones...the sun wasn't at its best but I think the color is showed better.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Boy Toys

Martinsillo, your project here got the memory stirring- I used to play with Matchbox and Corgi toy earthmovers and bulldozers, and was trying to remember what those cool & unusual chartreuse yellow-green ones were...ahh, they were Euclids!

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
martinsillo said:
I did the paint job with a PC shop that is practically dedicated to CAT jobs...so I was able to find the right color...we have a CAT facility here in the state.

Show him this ones...the sun wasn't at its best but I think the color is showed better.
:thumbsup:
I always liked that CAT colour!!! I think the new one is a wee bit darker more like Grove's old yellow... which now is much brighter.

At any rate, I have always felt attraction to those yellow heavy machinery colours for a bike.

However, when the time came to order a colour for my bike, I went for a black olive as Pimpbot mentioned... no Pugs content, though.

Looking awesome Martinsillo!!! As mentioned, consider some more black or warning tape effect. ;)

·
a lazy pedaler
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
martinsillo said:
...see you in 2 or 3 months for another juicy post...just a miracle will put the build done before Sept.
miracles do happen!...missing parts are on its way!! :crazy: :arf: :cryin: :p :lol: :rockon:

pics as soon as is put together.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts