Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Green Mojo
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to take a few extra minutes while riding the La Costa trail today to snap some pictures of the beautiful flowers that border the new single track trail.

A weekday ride in March with 65 degrees and 100% sunshine, flowers everywhere, a new trail (with very minimal dust), and no snakes - does it get any better than this???

bikerneil
 

Attachments

·
Lord of the Chainrings
Joined
·
2,915 Posts
Poppies look awesome in the springtime! Almost blinding!

Talked to a CNLM botinest today out there.

He said we need to watch for a type of mustard plant which is propagating and "choking out" the native species. I told him to post pictures on their website. The CNLM website needs to be updated badly.
 

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
I was out there as well. the flowers were certainly nice to look at while climbing up Vista Del Mar. What wasn't so nice was the abundance of skid marks I was seeing since I was going much more slowly in the uphill direction.

it would appear that a number of users of the fine trails La Costa has to offer need to learn what the front brake is for...................

the earth is hard right now but skidding leads to erosion which leads to ruts which leads to not so nice trails.

YR
 

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
Joined
·
84,184 Posts
Yeti_Rider said:
I was out there as well. the flowers were certainly nice to look at while climbing up Vista Del Mar. What wasn't so nice was the abundance of skid marks I was seeing since I was going much more slowly in the uphill direction.

it would appear that a number of users of the fine trails La Costa has to offer need to learn what the front brake is for...................

the earth is hard right now but skidding leads to erosion which leads to ruts which leads to not so nice trails.

YR
I agree unfortunately it's an all too common sight these days. It seems the "watch out and who cares it's my trail" attitude seems to be growing by the day. So all the complaining the responsible riders do, it seems to fall on deaf ears. Trail etiquette has gone by the wayside. BTW bikerneil nice shots.

Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
DIRTJUNKIE said:
I agree unfortunately it's an all too common sight these days. It seems the "watch out and who cares it's my trail" attitude seems to be growing by the day. So all the complaining the responsible riders do, it seems to fall on deaf ears. Trail etiquette has gone by the wayside. BTW bikerneil nice shots.

Jay
No kidding, you probably saw this thread, http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=395301 apparently this jackass Gravity Assist owns the trails.
 

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
Joined
·
84,184 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Kristatos said:
Geez, someone tries to post some nice pics from a ride, and you guys hijack the thread and turn it into another rant. No wonder I spend more time on STR than the forum here :madman:
Your right, sorry about that, here is a photo I took a few weeks ago
Natural environment Plant community Grassland People in nature Wildflower
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
I think Denk Mtn (I still like the old name for La Costa) has the best flowers I've seen lately. Spectacular! Borrego Springs was great. Sycamore was real nice, but I think I got there a little early in the season. Had some unusual flowers though -- chocolate lilies. Went to San Clemente last weekend -- really green and thick, but not a lot of flowers like Denk. But it's all good!
 

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
I will say that some of the plants/weeds blooming out there don't smell the greatest. I'm not sure which ones they are but something on the hill smells a bit musty. Even with a nice coastal breeze it's still there. Hopefully whatever it is goes away soon. it already seems less strong than two weeks ago.

YR
 

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
Joined
·
84,184 Posts
Kristatos said:
Geez, someone tries to post some nice pics from a ride, and you guys hijack the thread and turn it into another rant. No wonder I spend more time on STR than the forum here :madman:
My apologies and I also apologize for Yei_Rider for getting me started. ;) Back on topic, nice shots lets and keep them coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
Yeti_Rider said:
I will say that some of the plants/weeds blooming out there don't smell the greatest. I'm not sure which ones they are but something on the hill smells a bit musty. Even with a nice coastal breeze it's still there. Hopefully whatever it is goes away soon. it already seems less strong than two weeks ago.

YR
Yea, I feel ya on that one. It looks so great, but every once and a while you catch a wiff of "stink feet". I guess looks can be deceiving.
 

·
Nothing to see here
Joined
·
891 Posts
Noticed the stink while riding Santa Luz/Black Mtn. in PQ the other night. I think it's the mustard plants that smell. They are really starting to shoot up right now.
 

·
Lord of the Chainrings
Joined
·
2,915 Posts
Please report the location of those mustard plants to Jessica and Markus at CNLM.
The need to be removed ASAP!
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top