Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening All.

I just took the jump to HID SIDE! :D Got them for a good deal! i did get the new system with the Li-ion battery and both helmet and bar mount.Can't wait to see what all the excitement is with this lighting system!

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I hate HIDs

brickhead said:
Good Evening All.

I just took the jump to HID SIDE! :D Got them for a good deal! i did get the new system with the Li-ion battery and both helmet and bar mount.Can't wait to see what all the excitement is with this lighting system!
They make my lights look like yellow crap. I can't see a thing when another rider with a HID is overtaking me. HIDs scare the crap out of me. They look like a train is about to run me over.

Right on, man! Good luck with those

-pimpy is hoping his cruddy lights last through my laps at the 24hoa in two weeks.

·
[paste title here]
515 Posts
Good choice

I have the same light set up as you and they are great. I just went for a night ride and I ran across some people on the way home. One of them muttered "man thats bright" Have fun with them, dont blind people! :D

·
Registered
981 Posts
Good choice. The workmanship and quality of the L&M stuff is second to none. The beam pattern is alot more usable than my NiteRider Blowtorch because L&M have their own proprietary reflector housing that projects a beam that is so smooth from center to outer edges.

All the parts fit and move very smoothly and fluidly.

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Did you go republican on us pimpy?

pimpbot said:
They make my lights look like yellow crap. I can't see a thing when another rider with a HID is overtaking me. HIDs scare the crap out of me. They look like a train is about to run me over.

Right on, man! Good luck with those

-pimpy is hoping his cruddy lights last through my laps at the 24hoa in two weeks.
Ii might be able to lend you my HID for a lap...NOT

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
You suck!

jrm said:
Ii might be able to lend you my HID for a lap...NOT
I just did a load test of my lighting system. I got 2:20 on 20W power... about where it should be. I oughta be okay. I can conserve this light quite a bit. I would get nearly four hours on the 12w bulb, and can turn it off altogether on the climb out. I think I'll even do better when I get the Light Brain Digital Twin Plus regulator.

Also, the DeWalt charger is doing a killer job of auto-charging my batteries in a short amount of time.

I should have just saved my dough and got an HID instead!

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Do you have an extra battery?

pimpbot said:
I just did a load test of my lighting system. I got 2:20 on 20W power... about where it should be. I oughta be okay. I can conserve this light quite a bit. I would get nearly four hours on the 12w bulb, and can turn it off altogether on the climb out. I think I'll even do better when I get the Light Brain Digital Twin Plus regulator.

Also, the DeWalt charger is doing a killer job of auto-charging my batteries in a short amount of time.

I should have just saved my dough and got an HID instead!
Worth 2 more hours? at least you have a week to do something. Once your eyes adjust to the darkness youd at least be able to see where your going..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts