Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to fire up my L&M HID the other night and an itty bitty point of light went on for a second or so and then nothing. Tried several times, same deal. New battery from L&M, but the lamp/ballast/whatever is four years old or so. Is it gonzo? Is there a fix or is it just time to get a new lamp? If so, I'm not real excited to find out what that will run me. Especially after just dropping a good bit on a new battery. Any insight appreciated. Gotta wait till Mon to talk to L&M. Thanks, S

·
Registered
314 Posts
Did you unplug the light from the battery?

Did you unplug the light from the battery? Did you try to press the start button for 3 seconds, then wait 10 seconds to clear the memory before following the start procedure again?-XCBob

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Sounds like the bulb..

DSR said:
Yeah... unfortunately. And I tried it again after seeing your post. Now there's not even the brief second of light. Ugh. S
which only L & M can replace. I'd send it to them to diagnose.

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts
It's a standarized bulb/ballast assembly from Solarc. I believe they run about $80-100.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks. Kinda what I expected I guess. Could've been worse. Either way, I'll be holding off on a new wheelset now! Oh well... thanks again. S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.