Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
What's that smell?
Joined
·
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a call from the detective that was/is handling Kyle B's stolen BCD. As many know, Kyle died and now there is no case against the thief without his close friends being at the hearing. The defendant's attorney is being a prick with the knowledge of Kyle's death. They are trying to charge the thief with a Class 3 felony, but he may even escape a misdemeanor without support from his people. I did not know him but was the Phoenix contact for his friend in Colorado (neversummersnow on Ridemonkey), and helped the detective from the Mesa Police Department get in touch people in Phoenix.

If you knew Kyle and would like to get see some justice for him, Detective Ann Baker's email is: [email protected].. (She OK'd me posting her email).

Thanks people!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Sorry to hear that a fellow MTBRer passed. I do not know Kyle and missed the original saga thread about the details. Hope everything works out.
 

·
Ouch, I am hot!
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
Sorry to hear that a fellow MTBRer passed. I do not know Kyle and missed the original saga thread about the details. Hope everything works out.
Yes, I am lost about what happened and what is going on now.
 

·
I am Doctor Remulak
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
Dirdir said:
Yes, I am lost about what happened and what is going on now.
Kyle was a valley biker who died way too young back in November 2004. Read about him at Drunk Cyclist (you need to scroll down a bit). One of his bikes was stolen and it sounds like the douchebag thief might be getting off easy.
 

·
Downhill Spokesmodel
Joined
·
543 Posts
I knew Kyle for years before his untimely departure. One of the best people you could ever meet. It still hurts to think that some scumbag helped to precipitate his death by stealing his beloved ride.
I sent an email to the detective and want to help in any way possible. I also posted a link on another board in case anyone missed this thread. Everyone on the ShortBus mailing list will also be notified.
BIKE THEIVES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!:madmax: :madmax:
Let's make sure this one gets the MAX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
I helped

find the theif, traced a ph# for neversummer. turned out the guy is right here in my neighborhood, just 2 blocks over. I never knew Kyle, but I would hate to see this scumbag get off with nothing......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Send a note of support

I hope our notes help to see justice done. I will post to the RideAZ list. I notice DC has no comment on this.
 

·
Kathleen in AZ
Joined
·
5,178 Posts
mhykhelle said:
I hope our notes help to see justice done. I will post to the RideAZ list. I notice DC has no comment on this.
Forgive me for being insensitive or whatever, but I fail to understand how writing to a detective on a case that I know absolutely nothing about will get anything accomplished. What are the details of the stolen bike and the thief? Was Kyle's bike stolen before or after his death? What is the complication of this case and how exactly will our letters help justice be served??
 

·
What's that smell?
Joined
·
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DurtGurl said:
Forgive me for being insensitive or whatever, but I fail to understand how writing to a detective on a case that I know absolutely nothing about will get anything accomplished. What are the details of the stolen bike and the thief? Was Kyle's bike stolen before or after his death? What is the complication of this case and how exactly will our letters help justice be served??
If you weren't close to him, you need not worry about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Just to be a little more empathetic and kind as a fellow human

DurtGurl said:
Forgive me for being insensitive or whatever, but I fail to understand how writing to a detective on a case that I know absolutely nothing about will get anything accomplished. What are the details of the stolen bike and the thief? Was Kyle's bike stolen before or after his death? What is the complication of this case and how exactly will our letters help justice be served??
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 9:47 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Kyle Bielenberg's stolen mountain bike

Michael, Thank you for your response. I am determined to bring this
case as far as I can because of Kyle's wonderful family. However, Kyle's
death adds a tragic complication with regards to prosecution. This first
hurdle is the prelim next Wednesday. Please keep your fingers crossed all
goes well in our favor. You are so right that a large majority of bike
thefts are due to meth addicts. Thanks again.

Det. K. Ann Baker #11917
Mesa Police Department
Criminal Investigations Division
West Side Burglary Unit
480.644.2006



"Michael Yares"
06/23/2006 06:00 AM
Please respond to



To
[email protected]
cc

Subject
Kyle Bielenberg's stolen mountain bike
Dear Detective Baker,

I have been notified by a friend in the mountain bike community that you have located Kyle’s BCD composite downhill bike that was stolen the day of Kyle’s passing. I understand that there is a chance that the perpetrator may be released with no penalty for his crime. I hope this is not the case. I was one of Kyle’s many friends and know that he was a special member of our community. He was an avid enthusiast and a generous and helping individual. It was a saddening shock when he passed away at such an early age made worse to know that his bike was stole Many of us knowing how passionate he was about his sport felt that the theft may have affected him enough to contribute to his passing. He had been working with doctors to try to assess trouble he had been having after taking a fall from his bike. He was in a fragile state from what I knew and this terrible event could not be discounted.

Please prosecute the perpetrator to the full extent of the law as possible. I also have been victimized multiple times by bike thieves and have been told by police that the typical bike thief is a meth addict. I consider the problem to an epidemic that needs to be fought as rigorously as can be.

Thank you for anything you can do to help keep our thin veil of civility in tact by discouraging disregard for the respect of our fellow human beings.

Respectfully,

Michael Yares
Phoenix, Az
 

·
Kathleen in AZ
Joined
·
5,178 Posts
mhykhelle said:
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 9:47 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Kyle Bielenberg's stolen mountain bike

Michael, Thank you for your response. I am determined to bring this
case as far as I can because of Kyle's wonderful family. However, Kyle's
death adds a tragic complication with regards to prosecution. This first
hurdle is the prelim next Wednesday. Please keep your fingers crossed all
goes well in our favor. You are so right that a large majority of bike
thefts are due to meth addicts. Thanks again.

Det. K. Ann Baker #11917
Mesa Police Department
Criminal Investigations Division
West Side Burglary Unit
480.644.2006



"Michael Yares"
06/23/2006 06:00 AM
Please respond to



To
[email protected]
cc

Subject
Kyle Bielenberg's stolen mountain bike
Dear Detective Baker,

I have been notified by a friend in the mountain bike community that you have located Kyle’s BCD composite downhill bike that was stolen the day of Kyle’s passing. I understand that there is a chance that the perpetrator may be released with no penalty for his crime. I hope this is not the case. I was one of Kyle’s many friends and know that he was a special member of our community. He was an avid enthusiast and a generous and helping individual. It was a saddening shock when he passed away at such an early age made worse to know that his bike was stole Many of us knowing how passionate he was about his sport felt that the theft may have affected him enough to contribute to his passing. He had been working with doctors to try to assess trouble he had been having after taking a fall from his bike. He was in a fragile state from what I knew and this terrible event could not be discounted.

Please prosecute the perpetrator to the full extent of the law as possible. I also have been victimized multiple times by bike thieves and have been told by police that the typical bike thief is a meth addict. I consider the problem to an epidemic that needs to be fought as rigorously as can be.

Thank you for anything you can do to help keep our thin veil of civility in tact by discouraging disregard for the respect of our fellow human beings.

Respectfully,

Michael Yares
Phoenix, Az
Michael, Thanks so much for sharing this set of letters. You penned a very well written and heart-felt letter to the detective and from that letter those of us not "in-the-know" finally understand what's going on. It sounds like your letter will help move her to follow thru with whatever she can do to have this thief prosecuted to the fullest.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top