Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine took an old frame I had lying around and made it a singlespeed by replacing the dropouts. It was a StumpJumper made of Tange Prestige.

Here's a Gallery with pics and captions of the whole process. I'm going to take 51% credit for this since it was my idea, and I'm the one who didn't throw out the frame despite the nagging I had to endure, even though I didn't actually help with the process at all.

-M

·
French for "Suck"
140 Posts
Nice job on the brazing and painting. Why did you go for the campy-style horizontal dropouts instead of the more common track ends? Planning on using fenders?

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was his call, but It worked out better cause it puts the axle closer to the original position. Tracks would have pushed it back a bit. He cut off the rack mounts and the DHanger. So that's not going to happen.

If this bike passes the ride test I'll do the same to a frame of mine...

-M

·
Registered
310 Posts
You should post this link over on the bikeforums.net framebuilder's forum. I'm really interested in doing something like this, and the photo's of the conversion make it seem a little clearer. Thanks for the post.
-Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts