Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent me a new gauge for my pump for when I couldn't find one to order. Several years old and I thought it was pretty stand-up thing to do of them. :thumbsup: Thanks guys it made my day!

Any other companies that go above and beyond? It's nice to know, and may influence a buying decision down the road for some people.

How about the other way around? I love Specialized bikes, but it tries my patience when I have to order a small part directly from a dealer (and waiting for it to come in) rather than dealing with the company directly. :mad:

Oh, and Cambria's customer service dept needs to be taken out back shot while the new employees watch what happens to uncaring, incompetent retards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Specifics on my CBO experience. I ordered an item that "Ships in 2 to 5 days." I check the web order status after a few days, then 5 days, then 7 days figuring maybe "business days." You cannot pull up the items ordered so you cannot see what's causing the problem. I do some searching and find out my prime item is on back order everywhere, probably a manufacturing delay. I IM CBO customer service. The guy was nice but not very knowledgeable about the part issue. He was able to cancel my order but they couldn't generate a confirmation email and I never received the IM transcript email.

It's not a rant thing, they're just kinda lame. I usually pay the little extra to the LBS, but there are a lot of things they don't carry, or little things that it's not worth their time to special order.

·
Registered
417 Posts
They are definitely behind the times technologically, and a little slow...but they've always come through for me in the end, and I recently got a smokin deal on the latest model XTR pedals from them (they did a price match).

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's why I wanted flesh out my issue, I don't want to just rip on a store or person. Anyone can have an atypical interaction. One of the things I appreciate from an online vendor is the ability to access and manage my order. My frustration here is that once placed, there is no information available. I can't even confirm what's in the order.

The best answer is to stick with the LBS as much as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.