Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ellsworth fans, just thought I would let you guys know that Paul(pecusick) contacted me the other day about resolving and making things right regarding my warranty experience from April of '04. Hopefully Paul doesn't mind me telling you here!!

I'm sure most of you guys are aware of the story but if not then basicly I was one of the "upgrade" victims after my 2nd Truth broke at the normal spot in 2 years time. It was indeed an unpleasurable experience and to make matters worse one of their former employees came on MTBR and posted a rant about how I most likely abused the frame. Anyway, Paul was very apologetic about that and was very fair in an offer to get me back on an Ellsworth and reimburse me the upgrade fee.

I also said some things out of frustration and would like to apoligize, I know we can have a good time poking fun at TE but in reality they seem to be changing things at Ellsworth.

So, we didn't actually get a deal worked out cause I'm happy with my current stable and my wife would kill me if I bought another MB but who knows, the offer is still on the table and I might be in the market for something to replace my FXR in the next year. I mainly just wanted to post something here to give props to Paul and Ellsworth for making the effort to turn things around. Good luck to you guys.

-Rick

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
rroeder said:
Hey Ellsworth fans, just thought I would let you guys know that Paul(pecusick) contacted me the other day about resolving and making things right regarding my warranty experience from April of '04. Hopefully Paul doesn't mind me telling you here!!.......
..........I know we can have a good time poking fun at TE but in reality they seem to be changing things at Ellsworth.
Good to hear stuff like this.

And yes, seems like both Paul and Ryan are great people to be working for Ellsworth and they seem to be going out of their way to fix a lot of issues created in the past.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Glad to hear it.

·
El Malo
549 Posts
Don't forget that it may not be the ppl but the policies they must adhere to which makes or breaks your CS experience...

I've met past Ellsworth employees who were good people in there tenure.

Glad to hear about the positive vibes, which BTW, they echo mine with them in the past even though they were not regarding warranty issues.
I will continue to voice my satisfaction as well as any dissatisfaction, should it ever happen.

·
Leash Law Enforcer
1,118 Posts
rroeder said:
Hey Ellsworth fans, just thought I would let you guys know that Paul(pecusick) contacted me the other day about resolving and making things right regarding my warranty experience from April of '04. Hopefully Paul doesn't mind me telling you here!!

I'm sure most of you guys are aware of the story but if not then basicly I was one of the "upgrade" victims after my 2nd Truth broke at the normal spot in 2 years time. It was indeed an unpleasurable experience and to make matters worse one of their former employees came on MTBR and posted a rant about how I most likely abused the frame. Anyway, Paul was very apologetic about that and was very fair in an offer to get me back on an Ellsworth and reimburse me the upgrade fee.

I also said some things out of frustration and would like to apoligize, I know we can have a good time poking fun at TE but in reality they seem to be changing things at Ellsworth.

So, we didn't actually get a deal worked out cause I'm happy with my current stable and my wife would kill me if I bought another MB but who knows, the offer is still on the table and I might be in the market for something to replace my FXR in the next year. I mainly just wanted to post something here to give props to Paul and Ellsworth for making the effort to turn things around. Good luck to you guys.

-Rick
I must say, that is impressive. I don't know too many companies that would try to fix a situation that old (and likely dead in the minds of both parties). Way to go Ells! Seems like Paul is really reaching out and that they are trying to make things right with all their customers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Agreed

Glad to hear about your positive experience. I've never had to deal with Ellsworth's customer service in regards to warranty issues, but I did get to meet Ryan and Paul earlier this summer at Big Bear, CA. They were so cool I found it hard to believe what you guys went through with your warranty nightmares. I'm sure the complaints were valid, but I've only had positive experiences with Ellsworth. Like they say, when a customer's happy, you rarely hear from them, but if they're upset, everyone's gonna hear from them.

Beside, it was only what? 12 people who actually broke their frames and it seemed like everyone was breaking their frames??? ;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
That is an impressive move indeed. I have met both Paul and Ryan in person before. They are extremely helpful and have gone above and beyond to help me out.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pinch said:
I must say, that is impressive. I don't know too many companies that would try to fix a situation that old (and likely dead in the minds of both parties). Way to go Ells! Seems like Paul is really reaching out and that they are trying to make things right with all their customers.
Ain't that the truth, I have to admit I was a bit shocked.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
That is pretty amazing. I wonder if they are going down the whole list and contacting all disgruntled former owners, or what? I want to be a fly on the wall when they get Pete on the line. :D

·
wheeler
595 Posts
I'm on my second Ells' and like 7th or 8th between my riding buds... never an issue that didn't get resolved to our satisfaction :cool: :D :cool:

glad they made it right for ya....later better than never :D

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
No doubt.

tscheezy said:
That is pretty amazing. I wonder if they are going down the whole list and contacting all disgruntled former owners, or what? I want to be a fly on the wall when they get Pete on the line. :D
I would gladly pay all charges related to a long distance 3-way call just to listen in!

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
tscheezy said:
Pete?

Who is Pete?

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
I wonder...

Pinch said:
I wonder if my post in this thread had something to do with it.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=150789&highlight=rroeder

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe so, I didn't see that thread. I'm sure there are other warranty cases from that time period they are looking at, I can think of a handful of MTBR regulars that had to pay the upgrade fee and were not too happy about it, bock comes to mind.

·
Leash Law Enforcer
1,118 Posts
I wonder . . .

If the next step for Ells is to call DT and all the homers and apologize for the ICT patent and the switch from HL to TNT? :D

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
indeed...

tscheezy said:
i am actually starting to miss that son of a b****...

i dont know if i should have said that... :D :D :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Better late then never, but let us not forget the facts of this controversy. Ellsworth was out of line and some of their employees tried to create the myth that rider error was the cause. The posting of dissatisfied customers help Ellsworth see the light. If every dissatisfied customer like Rroeder is made whole then the book can be closed.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
you mean the "old" book...

BobKreyole said:
Better late then never, but let us not forget the facts of this controversy. Ellsworth was out of line and some of their employees tried to create the myth that rider error was the cause. The posting of dissatisfied customers help Ellsworth see the light. If every dissatisfied customer like Rroeder is made whole then the book can be closed.
because, due to the beautiful new crop of bikes from Ells factory, i think that we are opening a whole new book about our passion...

bob, you coming to the dark side???

:cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts