Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we always complain on here when we get bad service, thought I'd share a story of exceptional customer service.

This afternoon, I was changing out my stock 4-way spring with a 450lb unit, the 400 was undersprung for my weight. I was following the 2004 Manual that I got with the bike step by step, and long story short I broke the rebound knob off by following the directions. I freaked, re-read the directions, and realized that I was doing it exactly as the instructions stated. I then called Manitou customer service to find out "what next", and the tech I spoke with grabbed his manual to read along because originally he asked why I would be removing the knob in the first place. As he opened his manual, he realized that the instructions for changing the spring on a 2003 Swinger had been placed in the 2004 manual - and the instructions are TOTALLY different this year. We talked for a little while about what to do, they were going to send me the parts to fix it, or have me send the shock back for them to fix...I explained that I was not planning on riding this weekend, but next weekend was a must as we are going to Sunrise Ski Park in eastern AZ to ride, and I needed to have my Big Hit operational by then!

Well, he talked to his boss, and is overnighting me a brand new replacement today, I will have it Monday, at which point I will send back my broken one. No credit card # as a deposit, no paying for overnight shipping, nothing. Just my word that I would return the broken one in a timely manner. They were actually out of Swinger 4-Ways in the correct size for my particular bike, so lets just say I am VERY PLEASED with what they are sending me as a replacement, for no additional charge.

Just a great example of customer service gone right.

Eric

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
riggse said:
Since we always complain on here when we get bad service, thought I'd share a story of exceptional customer service.

This afternoon, I was changing out my stock 4-way spring with a 450lb unit, the 400 was undersprung for my weight. I was following the 2004 Manual that I got with the bike step by step, and long story short I broke the rebound knob off by following the directions. I freaked, re-read the directions, and realized that I was doing it exactly as the instructions stated. I then called Manitou customer service to find out "what next", and the tech I spoke with grabbed his manual to read along because originally he asked why I would be removing the knob in the first place. As he opened his manual, he realized that the instructions for changing the spring on a 2003 Swinger had been placed in the 2004 manual - and the instructions are TOTALLY different this year. We talked for a little while about what to do, they were going to send me the parts to fix it, or have me send the shock back for them to fix...I explained that I was not planning on riding this weekend, but next weekend was a must as we are going to Sunrise Ski Park in eastern AZ to ride, and I needed to have my Big Hit operational by then!

Well, he talked to his boss, and is overnighting me a brand new replacement today, I will have it Monday, at which point I will send back my broken one. No credit card # as a deposit, no paying for overnight shipping, nothing. Just my word that I would return the broken one in a timely manner. They were actually out of Swinger 4-Ways in the correct size for my particular bike, so lets just say I am VERY PLEASED with what they are sending me as a replacement, for no additional charge.

Just a great example of customer service gone right.

Eric
Awesome, thanks for the positive vibe!!!

I, too, have heard very good things about ANswer/Manny Cservice... very good stuff...

I'm think of getting a Nixon for the wife ...

I LOVE being able to post a posittive review of exceptional service, and I LOVE hearing about it even more...

Thanks again, man!

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
They treated me really well when the travel adjust on my sherman broke, the parts needed were here in maine in less than 5 days from wherever manitou is. I like manitou alot, their SC forks dominate, i still havent had the oppertunity to ride a dorado or slider yet but im sure they rule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts