Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back I managed to put a hairline crack in my dos niner frame whilst racing in Australia and immediately was peturbed at the prospect of losing my ride for a least a few weeks whilst the frame is stripped, packed and shipped to salsaland for assessment. To put things in perspective, Salsa is a pretty small presence here in oz, but highly regarded & I get stopped almost too frequently by friendly punters who want to talk shop.

Taking the frame into my local shop the following day I am amazed to hear all Salsa requires is a local assessment by a reputable dealer and some high quality digital pics, so within 24 hours of damage being done, the digital goods are sitting with Salsa for a decision. About a week later I contact my local shop to if there is any news and am told, "No, this is very out of character for Salsa, we will chase them up". Taking time differences into account the immediate response from Salsa is along the lines of "Sorry we have been flatout with new product launch and have dropped the ball on this one, your new frame is being packed and shipped".

Wow, talk about costumer service! Obviously I am quite biased as my warranty claim has been honoured, however the issue at stake here is the level that Salsa is prepared to go to to look after customers all over the globe even in times when very big things are happening elsewhere in a smaller company. I have had warranty dealings with several of the much larger manufacturers who have massive global presence and the difference is day and night. On the basis of this experience, Salsa has won me for life!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The little guys get squashed by poor public perception of their products, so they try harder to do a good job. That's why the little guys are the ones to deal with. It's so much harder to deal with a faceless soulless corporation. Well done Salsa!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Salsa Warranty

I can vouch for the Salsa service as well. I broke my Dos frame on the weekend last fall. I called them on Monday, brought my frame to the dealer Monday evening thinking this would take weeks.On Wednesday of the same week I got a call from the shop to pick up my new frame!! WOW!! Not only did I get the new frame, they upsized to a large it at my request and sent me an orange 07 instead of the green 06 frame.

Thanks Salsa... https://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
355 Posts
not so fast.

:mad: ya know, I'd really like to say I've had similar experiences.

I found a crack in my second Dos, first one was the green model and cracked back at the ss/cs weld. They needed to see the frame, three week turnaround to get a new one.

This time I've found a crack in the weld at the non-drive chaistay/bb weld. I took good quality pics, my dealer concurs that its is cracked...but I hear from the shop today that "They'll need to see the frame." So, yeah, looks like I'll be without a bike for the next three weeks, minimum....in the middle of the race season.

Or do I just build it back up and ride the damn thing until it's a catastrophic failure, maybe then I'll get faster service????

Thanks guys.
:rolleyes:

EDIT TO ADD:

Got in touch direct with Salsa today, and everything's been worked out.
Should be seeing a new frame at the shop on Friday, depending on
brown Santa. Thanks a bunch guys, sorry about the grumpiness,
your top notch reputation is well earned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.