Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I ended up getting the Werkbrau thunb, as the one Hypnotic mentioned is in Canada. I have not installed it yet.

The father of Aaron Rodgers, the brilliant designer in Copper Harbor, (I forget his name) sells the thumb also and knows how to install it. You can reach him at Grindstone Forge in Hayward, WI: 715 634-6265. I'd guess Hypnotic would know also, as he has gadzillions of Kubotas. I'd guess also you could call Kubota service and they would know.

I bought a Werkbrau 18 inch bucket also, and just love it. But, they do not make a 30 inch ditching bucket, so if anybody knows where to get one in the US, please let me know.

I have a friend who is a diesel mechanic and welder and will have him install the thumb when he has time. He charges about a sixth or less of what a business would- I'm expecting to pay about 200-250 for the install. I am in Sturgeon Bay, WI, own Snowkraft Nordic --- snowkraft.com

About to pull the trigger on a U17 with hydraulic thumb. The dealer is recommending the Amulet PowerBrute thumb at $1500 installed. Anyone have experience with this thumb or other suggestions at a similar price point? Would also like to hear your thoughts on bucket size. In addition to trail building on private property, the mini ex will be used for some forestry work moving/stacking logs and digging drainage ditches for steep rocky access roads and other general purpose stuff. The property is located in Colorado front range foothills at 9-10K feet on 133 acres mixed aspen and grasses on south facing side of the mountain and steep, rocky spruce/doug fir/lodgepole on north facing side. The road that requires the maintenance is in the rocky area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.