Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough for two weekend trips up to KT this month.
First one was with the wife second one with the guys. Both were great trips.

Getting all the bikes on the cars and shuffling cars around for shuttle duty was a feat in itself. The plan was to ride everything this day Mountain and Darling Hill so riding back up the Mountain to the condo just wasn't going to happen.

Taking a break...for safety sake.

Yeah - The Mountain was muddy.

Don't ever mess with a dude with pink skulls on his feet.

Shot of the steep roller on Dead Moose Abuse. Doesn't show how steep or wet this section was.

Here is a short video mostly from my trip up with my wife. Starts off with a blast down Vast with me holding the camera and riding with one hand. Then a quick clip of Lo at the end of Sidewinder. It was her first time not walking the entire trail. Other than that first big roll in she rode the entire thing. It's then follow up by a super short clip of her on Kitchel. I was too slow to hit record on the camera....saw someone coming, saw how fast they were going and figured it couldn't be Lo....wrong. She was ripping down that trail. Then a little Knob action. The last two clips are me and YoGreg on Dead Moose Abuse. It was VERY muddy and slicker than snot on this trail. You'll notice the line all the way to the left (while looking up hill) is gone due to a fallen tree. First me sketching on the brakes then Greg making it look easy.

https://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1224944&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1
Untitled from Ed Lombardi on Vimeo.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I like.

can't wait to get back up there in a couple weeks. I haven't been up since last September. Any new trails worth adding to the long list to hit?

Sidewinder was a blast to ride, my wife took the bail out trail down the middle.......I think she will ride it this year.

Nice vid.

Steve

·
a.k.a. Yeti Ken
112 Posts
Locotiki, nice pics and video.

River19 said:
can't wait to get back up there in a couple weeks.
When are you heading up? My wife and I are going over the 4th of July weekend, but she doesn't ride. So I could use someone to ride with if you're there.

Ken

·
Registered
895 Posts
GS Ken

Would love to ride with you but we are going up the 11th-13th.

We hitting the North Conway area on Thursday the 10th to pre-ride Great Glenn for the 24hr and then camping Friday and Saturday nights on Lake Willoughby and riding KT Fri-Sun. Should be awesome.

Steve

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
I've fallen in love with that place myself. Went once this month, and I am trying to bring a bunch of riders up there two weekends in July. Amazing stuff. Nice pics and vid.

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ekoostick said:
That was a fun weekend!

I love the second picture where you can see the rocket I had in my pocket! We definitely need to add some females to our riding group.
You were just getting ready for the night that followed.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to take our trip...

We will be up 7/30,31, 8/1, and 8/2 for our first trip to VT for the summer....also planning on hitting Montgomery...thanks for posting the pics and vid!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.