Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
yelgatgab
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some pics of a ride we did last spring. The trail is at an "undisclosed" location, though anybody that's familiar w/ The Forest knows where it is. It's not that it's a secret really, it's just that certain people would prefer for me to keep it as low key as possible.

At the time of this ride the Bullit was awaiting the arrival of an 888, so it was Chameleon or nothing. Little harsh on some of the landings, but a great ride otherwise.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
That must be the....ummm..."new" trail that I've heard so much about. The North Shore style that the Ranger out there helped build. I've ridden out there for years and I don't recognize that trail. Cool Pics though. Here's a couple of mine from out there. Of course they're pretty tame compared to yours. :D

Attachments

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Nice pics bagtagley, did Amy take those? I did a ride with her, Dave R and Adam last night and your name came up. I think she said that she filmed you on that trail, either you or Steve, can't remember. BTW, did you lose a tooth on that trail once?

That trail is marked now, basicly just says experts only and notify the park if you are going to ride it.

Crashedandburned - didn't I take you down that trail a little (walking)? Also, nice pics, must have been one hell of a photographer. BTW, it's funny how smooth the bottom of pine ridge looks in that picture of me. You would never guess how rough it is by looking at it.

·
yelgatgab
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think Amy must have filmed Steve, cause I've never been w/ her on that trail. I actually got my dad to come out and take these shots for us.

I didn't lose a tooth, but I chipped 3 and fractured my ankle...good times.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
LowCel said:
Crashedandburned - didn't I take you down that trail a little (walking)? Also, nice pics, must have been one hell of a photographer. BTW, it's funny how smooth the bottom of pine ridge looks in that picture of me. You would never guess how rough it is by looking at it.
Ya, You showed me where it was at and we just went a few feet in. Have never ridden it. I MAY give it a try after I get my Titus. You can call me a wuss if I don't. I remember hearing about it before though. Like I said, I know there is more single tract out there that isn't marked. I've found a couple before. Pine Ridge doesn't look as steep either in that pic.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ranger Danger is an amazing trail... I can't begin to ride most of it.

And it's kept very very d/l. Along with a few others ;)

c&b, is that 2nd pic from Pine Ridge/Dunlop because it definately doesn't exist anymore.
And yes, Dunlop Trail is definately a challenge, esp. that first tree drop right around the corner of Pine Ridge... so many of my friends have crashed hard on that.

Oh, I've found a nice bypass on Davis Creek trail that didn't exist too long ago... great way to avoid the tough root climb, but the trail is not easy at all... wickedly narrow and technical uphill battle the entire spur. Fun though... very very fun.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
"c&b, is that 2nd pic from Pine Ridge/Dunlop because it definately doesn't exist anymore."

Nope, that was on Black Bear. Between the first downhill at the start of the trail and The Falls. If you ride the trail, you can't miss it.

"Oh, I've found a nice bypass on Davis Creek trail that didn't exist too long ago... great way to avoid the tough root climb, but the trail is not easy at all... wickedly narrow and technical uphill battle the entire spur."

Actually, I think I know the "new" trail you speak of and it's been there for MANY yrs. People just don't use it much so it's a little hard to notice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
About a week ago I was walking my dogs on Davis Creek and noticed a trail that comes in right at the upstream end of the pond. It's really overgrown, but I'm wondering where it comes from. I'll get a picture of it the next time I'm there.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
pipedream said:
About a week ago I was walking my dogs on Davis Creek and noticed a trail that comes in right at the upstream end of the pond. It's really overgrown, but I'm wondering where it comes from. I'll get a picture of it the next time I'm there.
That's just a horse trail that connects with Middle Ridge Road. I followed it down yrs ago when I first started riding there. Don't bother to trace it. I seem to remember it just a no frills trail straight down. Connects about halfway up Middle Ridge Road hill there.

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Yeah, it is this coming Sunday. I prerode the course again today, it is in perfect condition. I just did two laps, I couldn't believe how fast it was. You should come out for the race, it will be a blast.

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
If you would like to go ride trace fork sometime let me know. I'll be happy to play the role of tour guide. The trails there are sort of like the middle ridge trails with attitude. :) There are a couple of short downhills and a couple of short climbs, nothing like the forest though. I actually helped out some building the new trails. I donated four days last winter to them. Doesn't sound like much but it was a lot of work. Steve and Pat did the majority of the work though, followed by Rich, myself and some other volunteers.

Hope you have a good time at Canaan. BTW, have you given any thought to attending the Slatyfork Shuffle in August? There is a lot of great riding and a bunch of good people.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.