Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just got my new 125m ks lev dropper seat post for my niner rip 9 took it to winter park co went on a 10 mile ride seat post worked great I was thinking this is the way to mountain bike so much more control moving on bike and I have better balance, I am very happy. so got home and took bike out next day for a ride on my home turf and seat post is sagging 3/4 of an inch ?? starts to move before the rear suspension moves ?? and if I put my hole 180lbs on it it moves 3/4 of an inch just putting my elbo on it it moves about a quarter of an inch. if I lift bike by the seat , the post moves up about half an inch ?? so I checked the cabel first with cabel adjusted totally loose and ks red cover off I see the cabel all the way up in chamber still sag. i removed the end cover , and the inner cabel is hooked up looks to be working right. I also checked to make sure the end cover was tight before removing it , because the LBS said the only problem they have ever seen with the ks lev is a loose end cover. any help would be great because the tech department at ks is closed until tuesday? and I want to go on a ride before my vacation is over thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Waiting to hear back from lev, a little research googling around I've found a few folks complaining of the same issue, sounds like it has to be sent back to the factory, good news is everyone experienced very fast turn around.

Mine worked great for about a month, went bad during a ride in really cold weather yesterday. Moved the post up about a inch, so when it sagged when I sat on it, it was at the correct height and was able to finish my ride.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Having the same problem. Doesn't do it every time I sit on it. But can feel it move down sometimes. I've been just standing up and pushing the lever, pops back up. Stays for a while, sometimes, sometimes doesn't. Just got it back from KS as it stopped moving. Might have to send it back. This would be the third time. When it works it's great. Riding without it is not the same.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so sent in my lev , after finding out art cyclery would have sent me a new one because it was only a week old . But anyway sent it in to KS in California shipped it Thursday and got it back a week later I live in colroado. I was told the cartridge went bad. they installed a new on and now I have 3 rides on it and if feels very stiff working great ! Im not sure if I could ever go back to a bike with no dropper post and as much as people say they work on the seat post I may buy a back up ? just hard to spend $315.00 for another lev to sit on the shelf.

·
Registered
301 Posts
So I have had my KS Lev dropper for six month now and I love it but when I pick my bike up by the seat the seatpost extends about about a half inch or so. Is that normal or should it extend to it's highest position when the lever is activated?

Thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been having the same problem sent it 2 weeks to the day and been emailing them about it was told last Tuesday that it'll come in the end of the week and still don't have it they said the reason for the delay is they were at the INTERBIKE, guess they closed the shop. It's my third time sending it in and it's really frustrating cause I've paid a lot of money for it and keep on spending money every time I send it in, hope they fix it right this time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It has been a month now since I sent in my LEV been talking to Ron Easton of KS I don't know why they put this guy in charge of customer service because there is no customer service at all. Every time I talk to him he seems not interested on what you are saying and put you on speaker phone and you can hardly understand what he's saying with all the background noise dunno if he's doing it purposely cause he doesn't answers to your question and keep on repeating his answer " we're still waiting for the part from Taiwan so we can repair your post" this is his only answer he has on all of my question.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Having the same problem with my KS Lev 125mm post with the post extending 1/4 inch when lifting the seat and dropping down when the seat is let go. The post is only 3 months old and there is a fair bit of side to side movement.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I would wait for them to confirm they have parts in house before shipping back unless you got a spare post you can use, yet another week has gone by, no ETA, waiting on a ship from China

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
mine doesnt slip down - but it sticks in down position and hangs up about an inch from full extend - been that way from day 1 - shop where I bought was going to service it - but all they did was add air pressure and tell me I torqued it too tight - BS - as they installed it and torqued it - i plan to contact KS - as I wont ever go back to said shop...
just wish someone would make one of these that works as advertised with NO issues -

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got an email from them this morning telling me that the parts they're waitng is coming in next week from Taiwan. Hope it's true cause 4 weeks ago they've emailed me and told me my post will be shipped by the end of the week, hope they're not just saying it so I don't have to bug them.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.