Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I got the KS i900R seatpost - looks great! Can't wait to try it for the first time tomorrow morning, but...

One question: the post is packaged almost fully compressed, but when I pull the lever on the post itself (not the remote) it doesn't extend. Is there some sort of lockout that I must release? Can't find anything in the manual...

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a new one about a month ago. Same sort of thing. It was very tight and I had to wrestle with it to get it to move. Once it's moving it's ok but after you stop playing with it, it's back to stuck.

I did a minor service on it to check out what was going on and it was definitely the bush. The gas cylinder works fine on it's own.

I asked the guys at Drop n Zone who went back to the distributor. They suggested to put some Slick Honey (?) or other quality fork grease into the bushing. Apparently they are making them tight which means they'll be stiff to start with but hopefully have a long service life. The idea was to not have any of the sideways movement that some of the other posts have.

I have noticed mine getting better and I haven't put the super slick fork grease in yet. I shall do that soon.

Some owners haven't had this problem so might be some quality control issues.
But in saying that I'm not concerned, I'll just look like an idiot for a little while going up and down while cruising along the flats. :D
I reckon it'll be great once it's broken in. :thumbsup:

·
Live Now, Pay Later
124 Posts
Where did you get your post from and what did it run? I've been kicking around the idea of picking one up but I've been having trouble finding them.

·
local jackass
931 Posts
i would also like more info on this i want one but i dont want the price lol o and nice new saying wildcard hahah

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gravelle.

Wildcard and biggoofy1, I got it on eBay and it was $220. Can't say anything about its performance yet - once I follow Gravelle's advice I will know whether it's worth it or not. :)

·
Live Now, Pay Later
124 Posts
Guess i'll have to keep an eye on ebay then. Be sure to post a review after a ride or two. Pics would be sweet also :thumbsup:

·
Live Now, Pay Later
124 Posts
Good finds. I haven't fully convinced myself I can justify the cost for one of these yet but I'm pretty close lol. I'll definetly be saving those websites though.

·
Underskilled
4,715 Posts
superstar.co.uk has them at a good price.

it is probably stuck, give it a tug and it will come up.

They occasionally stick, it is a hint you need to oil.
the oil has probably settled in transit

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The newest posts have been really good in terms of the bushing, they are for sure tight when they're new but they do break in. The grease helps a lot when they're new.

We just got more posts,
http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/kind-shock-i900-r-height-adjustable-post--80002DCB-1241219785.jsp

The low offset 950's are also in!
http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/kind-shock-i950-r-height-adjustable-post--80003283-1264114064.jsp

We have small tubes of Slick Honey Grease-my favorite for shift cables, forks and all kinds of other stuff! It's the slickest!
Whoops it's not on our site!

·
Live Now, Pay Later
124 Posts
What's the advantage to the low offset? Does the seat just not sit as far back or is there another benefit?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yeah, less offset alows you to set your seat further foreward depending on your setup. They also claim that there's less load on the bushing. That is, unless you have your seat slid all they way back on the rails!

·
EDR
10,259 Posts
The newest posts have been really good in terms of the bushing, they are for sure tight when they're new but they do break in. The grease helps a lot when they're new.

We just got more posts,
http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/kind-shock-i900-r-height-adjustable-post--80002DCB-1241219785.jsp

The low offset 950's are also in!
http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/kind-shock-i950-r-height-adjustable-post--80003283-1264114064.jsp

We have small tubes of Slick Honey Grease-my favorite for shift cables, forks and all kinds of other stuff! It's the slickest!
Whoops it's not on our site!
Got anything in the 300mm size (75mm travel adjust)? I don't need a 5'' post.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
Got anything in the 300mm size (75mm travel adjust)? I don't need a 5'' post.
Those are available, but it will be 3-5 days to ship it.

let me know!
Thanks, Krispy

·
Live Now, Pay Later
124 Posts
on this post do you set the drop or can you stop it anywhere within the 5" on the fly?

·
EDR
10,259 Posts
Wildcard said:
on this post do you set the drop or can you stop it anywhere within the 5" on the fly?
Infinite travel adjust (within the 5'' of course).

I ordered one from Krispy tonight. A local rider says she has two i900's and they are both very hard to push down, she has to come to a stop sometimes........so I'm a bit worried about what I'll end up with. If I have to stop then what's the point, right? IDK....I'll call Kris tomorrow and see what he knows about that issue. {EDIT} - just noticed Krispy addressed the 'tightness' issue above......crossing my fingers this thing works as advertised.

One more thing.......any of you looking at ebay or whatever, do yourself a favor and call Krispy first, or last. Then make a purchase.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Wildcard said:
You can set it anywhere in the travel!

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,392 Posts
Just ordered a i950 from Go-Ride for a new bike. This is my 2nd one, as I have been using a i900 all of last year on an Intense SS, with almost no problems. Yeah, it takes a bit to break in, but once it does, it is sweet. One issue was the stupid lever in the 1st gen, which has now been fixed. The other was that in i900, unless you crank it down hard, the main bolt sometimes gets loose. And has limited tilt adjustment. Hopefully, i950 addresses these issues.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts