Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
intheShadows
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at taking a federal job in Kremmling, would appreciate any information on riding, town, people, etc... Would be coming from southern New Mexico so I really have no knowledge of the area. Thanks

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
I lived in Summit County for 13 years so I know a bit about Kremmling (Dillon is about 25 miles up the road). Kremmling is still a pretty out of the way spot at the convergence of Highway 9 which goes from Breckenridge to Steamboat Springs and Highway 40 to Winter Park and Fraser. Not much for night life, restaurants or amenities, but it will be growing over the years. The Colo. River and Blue River meet there. Good access to the USFS lands, lots of hunting and fishing opportunities. The Mt. biking is limited right from town, but there's plenty of trail access if you want to drive a little ways., Road riding is excellent, fishing and rafting/canoing is great. Home prices are still affordable compared to the resorts, but I wouldn't call it the most scenic place in the state. Stll considered a little bit red-neck and run down, but that can be good too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.