Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. I wonder if the Ice Cream Truck can accommodate 29+ wheels front and back? if so it would be the ultimate 1 bike to have because you could simply swap wheels and now you can have squish up front with the Bluto as well.

·
passed out in your garden
2,844 Posts
Am l missing something???
Why not buy a squishy hardtail straight out?
Buying a rigid to put squishy forks on.......sort of defeats the purpose imo

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
I'm probably going to wait for a better option for the (relatively) small tires. I'd like a fork that I don't have to build a new wheel around and that's not designed for a tire nearly twice as wide. I also feel that a 135mm rear end and 150mm front end will just be goofy. The Bluto is awesome, but not for the Krampus IMO.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thanks, I'd find it strange if Surly didn't allow for 29+ on the rear of the ICT.
If the Bluto is made to clear a Bud a 1/4 " is not much more

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, I am shopping for a new wheel and hub setup for my Krampus when I went into a new bike shop - they had the Bluto sitting there and they let me hold it, surprisingly light for such a huge piece of equipment. Jaw dropping in person to say the least. After mulling it over for a few days I have to say It seems a bit over the top, even for a beast like the Kampus.

My Dilemma - New Rims/Hubs? 0r buy Bluto? Or save for ICT?

BTW - Anyone see ICT frames for sale yet or know when you can get one?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think bluto is a great application for 29+ bikes, you can add salsa anything cages with 4 dollars of worm clamps from the auto parts store and get lost in timbuktu. I have ridden the bluto on a fatty but not on a 29+, But when I dream it's always about a 29+ bike with bluto up front running higher pressures and simply kicking A$$!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i went with a set of duallys and hope hubs on the Krampus, with some Jones bars. Feels like a rocket ship now.

I rode 29+ Moots with a Bluto, **** was insane but was not impressed enough to go for it. I still bought the Bluto and put it on my bucksaw.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts