Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Erik and I'm the new owner of Kore Bikes in Tempe. Ryan, who started the shop 10 years ago, recently had to move to Boise and I was able to take over.

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and the shop for those of you who haven't heard of it. It's a small custom shop and we deal with the smaller, independent brands such as:

Intense
Turner
Cove
Canfield Bros
Transition
Nukeproof
Devinci
Foes
Soma
Surly

You'll always find a friendly atmosphere, great prices, great service at Kore. You'll find me on the Short Bus on Sundays and hopefully get some rides/trips planned for this summer. I'd love to ride with everyone some day!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any in stock currently. Last time I tried to order one they were out of stock. However, I just checked and Transition currently has blue and raw in stock. I can certainly order you one!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am a bit young, 26 years old. I've been riding BMX for about 15 years now. My life has been nothing but bikes, work and school the whole time. I love all types of bikes. I am now submersed in the MTB world and love every minute of it. I've built bikes in a few shops throughout the years but never worked full time at a shop.

I graduated from ASU in 2010 and got a job in tech support right after college. I really disliked working in an office for the typical 9-5 gig. The opportunity arose to take over my local shop about 9 months ago and I couldn't pass it up. Ryan and Kore were go to shop since I was 18 so I knew the shop pretty well long before I took over.

I am self taught mechanic for the most part. For example, I taught myself how to build wheels when I was about 14. Ryan showed me a lot before he left and he is still involved with the shop. He has worked in and owned a shop for many years now so he is a vast knowledge resource for me. The same mechanic that Ryan had, Joe, is still working at the shop doing the majority of the mechanic work for me. Joe can fix anything and has been with Kore since the beginning.

My goal is to keep Kore the same as it has always been; friendly atmosphere, the best service and the best prices. I'm at the shop 6 days a week and, like Ryan, you'll never get a bad attitude from me. Come to the shop, shoot the ****, have a good time, ask me questions, drink a beer with me, anything! Also, I'm a bike rider so lets ride bikes together too!

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Japanese friend used to go to Kore before he moved back to Japan. Left to Japan with an Intense Carbon. He spoke highly of Kore Bikes and Ryan. I'll swing by next time I'm nearby.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was Tomoyuki! He was one of the first customers I dealt with when I took over. He was a super nice guy and I rode with him a few times on the shuttles. I look forward to meeting you guys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought my intense uzzi from kore, its a sick shop, me and my friends usually stop in and hang out any time we are in the area. Theses guys are super chill!

·
Registered
535 Posts
26 and owns a bike shop? You sir, are living the life. Best of luck and I hope you do well with this. I live on the west side but will have to stop by next time I'm over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Dan! I'm always glad to hear people say I'm doing a good job taking over Kore. Ryan is such an awesome dude so there are big shoes to fill taking over.

@skeeter97, I look forward to meeting you sometime. Owning the shop is great but also a lot more stressful at times than I would have thought. Every day is a learning experience. I've already met tons of great people and look to keep that up for years to come.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts