Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the same problem with these brake pads where the actual pad comes detached from the metal backing while on the trail!! WTF.... Twice this has happened.... Logic tells me that I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Has anyone ever heard of this or know of another cheaper alternative to the high-priced Shimano XTR Resin pads??

Thanks Everyone,

RogueRider1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed Kool Stop about the problem and they promptly responded with a message asking me to send the remnants of the defective pad to their lab and that they would send some replacement pads. Great correspondence and customer service!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Whatever happened w your pads after you sent them to kool stop? I want to get new pads for my xtr 965s, and need some recommendations for great pads. Stay w shimano? Ebc, kool stop, yokozuna, what else? I am thinking of going sintered, as i feel like they give a bit more bite. Can someone offer some advice?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.