Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen these but cannot find any reviews. I have been running either galfers or a combination of one xt resin and one xtr metallic in each caliper.

If you have tried the kool stop pads, what are they like, dry, wet etc.

Thanks

· Registered
1,673 Posts
I've started to use Koolstop (red) on my Shimano M755 DH. Better braking performance compared to original Shimano breakpads and the noise was gone, too. However, I still wasn't satisfied with the brake and relegated it to an XC bike. My freerider now has Magura Gustav Ms.

On the XC bike I still use the Koolstop pads. But only in the front. Rear won't benefit from it anyway.

Cheers

Klaus

· Registered
981 Posts
I have settled on one Galfer and one XTR metal pad for front and rear after trying many combinations - I mainly ride in dry conditions.

If you want a real boost in power, put on some Goodridge braided steel brake lines - WOW!

· Registered
1,737 Posts
EBC makes old XT brake pads which are the best I've ever tried.
steve47co1 said:
I have settled on one Galfer and one XTR metal pad for front and rear after trying many combinations - I mainly ride in dry conditions.

If you want a real boost in power, put on some Goodridge braided steel brake lines - WOW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.