Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I know that Kooka Cranks are out of buis.. But I have to say I have the old Black FR Kooka Cranks and I still have yet break them or bend them. I mean these are Tough They have been on FR drops DH runs and bad tumbles. Yet these things come out one top.. WHy can't I BREAK THEM! Any one else have any Kooka crank Experience?

G

·
Max_winner1 said:
Hey Guys I know that Kooka Cranks are out of buis.. But I have to say I have the old Black FR Kooka Cranks and I still have yet break them or bend them. I mean these are Tough They have been on FR drops DH runs and bad tumbles. Yet these things come out one top.. WHy can't I BREAK THEM! Any one else have any Kooka crank Experience?
Is there some special reason you want to break them??

G

·
Max_winner1 said:
Well yes there is because I seem to have bent my RF DH cranks 04 only riden 3 months on them. So the Kooka's have a total of 2 years DH FR time on them... So that's why... I can't seem to understand why the old stuff is built better than the new stuff.
well, i guess I can answer your question, i guess the kooka cranks are good!, you cant bend them, theres nothing bad about that!

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
regular kooka cranks were pretty crappy, at least by todays standards, the kooka razor DH cranks were pretty nice though, super-beefy and something I wouldn't mind running.

Best of all..........?

Rasta colors.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jm. said:
regular kooka cranks were pretty crappy, at least by todays standards, the kooka razor DH cranks were pretty nice though, super-beefy and something I wouldn't mind running.

Best of all..........?

Rasta colors.
Yeah that's what I got from the reviews. I know they had muti coloured ones I think those ones sucked. Can't remeber what one I got. its the DH cranks I think been so long.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I dont think it is possible to break these things. I got mine used from a friend that didnt go easy on them at all. I have broken a bb, a frame and compleatly trashed two wheels while riding them. I think it might have something to do with the fact that each crank arm is 5 pounds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.