Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life Is Short
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't sleep tonight so here's some pics of ones that I owned and some I still have. I like Kona, they are good affordable bikes and they make great coffee.

Attachments

·
Life Is Short
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
myfun said:
Sweet Kona's. Some hardcore bikes. What do you do to keep the reflectors from coming off?;)
One evening after a day's ride, I rode my bike home with no lights. I thought I was going
to make it home before dusk, but nope. Some frickin moron in a truck almost mowed me over. I was riding a black hardtaill with a black fork, black wheels, saddle. It was like I was riding nothing. Next day I bought reflectors and it made a big difference in visibility. Now I tell my friends who hate reflectors this question:
--Are you never ever going to ride your bike at night? If you plan to, why wouldnt you want to been seen? Maybe police and fire fighters should rip the fabric reflectors off their coats too. Take the reflective fabric off running shoes...Lets take the reflective material off tail lights. Go to airport and remove all the reflectors off the runways. Go into tunnels and take the white reflectors off the medians. How about ripping all the reflectors off of mountain road guard rails and on the street dividers too?:) I hate the way they look but they serve a purpose. I also hate people/govts telling you not to smoke, wear seat belts, quit eating fast foods, dont take drugs, etc...but there is a reason why we have these things. Peace.

·
Ride and Smile suckas
593 Posts
Up north we keep the cars off our trails. But on the road they are very safe and needed.

However this is the reason i never post pix of my bikes here. why do you have that picture on your wall, your cables are too long, your seat angle...... F off. Just ride and smile.
by the way.... nice bikes!

·
Life Is Short
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I recently slapped a Hammerschmidt on this Stinky Air. If you have the means, get a Hammer. It makes all traditional front derailleurs seem like something from the Stone Age. Unfortunately "Scam" makes you purchase the X.9 rear derailleur, front shifter and their proprietary BB for the damn thing to work. Regardless flawless shifting.

( yo, please don't hate on the reflectors. Unless you want them also removed from tunnels, streets, bridges, 18 wheelers, your kid's stroller and your gramdma's running shoes.:) )

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts