Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking getting a new freeride bike and i am thinking of getting a 07 kona stinky deluxe or a gemini 2000. i occasionally huck my bike and drop about 10+ feet. which bike would you all suggest. i know i may get biased answers but anything will help with my desision in buying

·
Registered
150 Posts
A Kona or Cannondale? Are you kidding? That's like asking if you would rather make love to Maria Sharapova or Anne Ramsey. :skep:

Go with Maria on the Kona.

·
Registered
412 Posts
champ said:
i am thinking getting a new freeride bike and i am thinking of getting a 07 kona stinky deluxe or a gemini 2000. i occasionally huck my bike and drop about 10+ feet. which bike would you all suggest. i know i may get biased answers but anything will help with my desision in buying
Isn't the Gemini 2000 an older bike? I could never get use to Canondale's frame designs, but no doubt they are quality bikes. However the Perp looks kinda cool, but hey this is Kona forum... what kind of answer do you think you'll get here. Test the both and decide for yourself. :D

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I like C'dales, but the Gemini 2000 is one of their older bikes. It's a SP, and is naturally a bit flexier than the Stinky. The linkage on the Stinky can help to stiffen things up and change the leverage/actuation of the shock.

·
Slow Patrol
438 Posts
If you are looking at C'dale freeride bike to compare to Kona then look at the Perp. The rocker link on that gets you a progressive leverage ratio like the faux bar rocker link setups in the Kona line. Both C'dale and Kona are SP in that the axel swings the same path all else being equal (pivot points). Here is a big difference between C'dale and Kona. The Perp has a high forward pivot and Kona uses a low centered pivot. Should feel different pedaling and maybe elsewhere. Probably more pedal feedback with the high forward pivot. Maybe better square edge performance with the high forward pivot. Test ride as best as you kand and decide what you prefer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts