Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I just saw two broken Units at the LBS. And they were not under clydes. One of them lost the whole head tube assembly, about 4" behind the HT.:eekster:
The LBS techs say they've seen a bunch of them lately and Kona knows they have some issues with that frame.
I think I would look some where else.
Check out the Felt Nine-Solo. I demo'd one of these a couple weeks ago. VERY SWEET BIKE! Very clyde capable. It uses an EBB with a huge beefy shell. This thing does not suffer from the creaks and ticks of lesser EBB shells, even under a clyde. The rest of the frame is typical Felt, hydroformed tubes, nise welds, clean machine work.
WTB wheels, Reba fork, Felt cockpit, Stylo cranks, Hayes Stroker brakes.......

http://www.feltracing.com/09-catalog/hardtail-mountain/nine-series/09-nine-solo.aspx

·
Registered
84 Posts
I own and have ridden 2 - 29er units the last two years... I weighed about 235 - 260 during that time... Many hours on them including races on my fully rigid with a 13 hour endurance race included... I had a flook break in the one frame due to a weld issue and was replaced no questions asked... I have ridden Konas for about 4 years now and am sold on both quality of rides and UNREAL customer service when I have issues... The bike I ride most is fully rigid and I have no issues and no plans on changing any time soon... A lot of it comes down to how you ride... If your a hack, whether 150 or 250 your gonna break parts... Units are the bomb... Don't believe otherwise!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.