Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some insider information and am looking forward to the release of the 2020 Kona Unit. Rumor is it will be 29x2.6", Boost front and rear, suspension corrected for a 100-120 fork, and still Reynolds 520. The reach will be longer and in-line with the Process bikes, roughly 510mm for XL.

I can't wait to get more details and see some pictures but it sounds like they've made some excellent updates. I hope the chainstays are short! We probably won't get any good details until July/August but I just thought I would get the rumor mill started.

Reactions: Ryder1

·
Registered
68 Posts
Those numbers sound great. Last year I got a Kona Honzo after you tipped me off to it, *OneSpeed*, and it's been the only production bike I've found that gives me a long enough reach in XL to use a short stem. More modern geo frames with long reaches are good news for tall single speed riders!

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Don't know about making a come back, my 2018 one rides real sweet, fits 29x3.0" on i39 rims, only thing I wished they'd done when they did that update was make the fork a TA instead of 9mm slotted drop out.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So... The Unit is becoming the Honzo?
I don't think so, I'm sure it will be more XC than the Honzo. We'll have to wait and see exactly how the specs and geo turn out.

I've hoped for a few years that they would give the Unit the same geometry as the Ti Kona Raijin, perhaps it's getting closer?

·
Registered
12,867 Posts
That sounds more like it. Not everyone wants a LLS hardtail, but the Unit was a bit dated for my tastes. I bought a Karate Monkey because it is in between, but I might have picked up a Unit if it had a not-so-long reach, but long enough to accommodate a short stem, a high BB, and a shorter chainstay, and a slack-but-not-enduro-bro head angle. if they keep it XC/ bikepacking orientated, that sounds perfect.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
That sounds more like it. Not everyone wants a LLS hardtail, but the Unit was a bit dated for my tastes. I bought a Karate Monkey because it is in between, but I might have picked up a Unit if it had a not-so-long reach, but long enough to accommodate a short stem, a high BB, and a shorter chainstay, and a slack-but-not-enduro-bro head angle. if they keep it XC/ bikepacking orientated, that sounds perfect.
I agree with mack and one. Give me the raijin geo and i am a buyer. I avoided it at my last purchase due to the long chainstays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
PoDaddy
176 Posts
I have decided I wont ride anymore. its just too hard and I cant handle it. Help me think of a less strenuous activity. Maybe something that would allow me to take my mom. She's 73 but in pretty good shape. I love her so much. I never want to move out.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I have decided I wont ride anymore. its just too hard and I cant handle it. Help me think of a less strenuous activity. Maybe something that would allow me to take my mom. She's 73 but in pretty good shape. I love her so much. I never want to move out.
E-bikes all around.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.