Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Awesome

Its a real nice bike. Takes drops nicely pedals alright. The brakes rub a bit, but who cares when your going off drops or downhilling. I didnt like the fork so I replaced it with a Sherman Slider + and it works great. Here it is

Attachments

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
love my stinky. just got back from riding cold springs trail in santa barbara on it today and it felt super sweet. the stock fork kinda blows, and i would recomend switching it out. mines gone through a few changes since i got it, but heres a pic of how it stands now. total on all the stuff on mine still adds up to less than what a stinky dee would cost, and its way cooler. i just wish it was a little lighter now.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
konabiker said:
love my stinky. just got back from riding cold springs trail in santa barbara on it today and it felt super sweet. the stock fork kinda blows, and i would recomend switching it out. mines gone through a few changes since i got it, but heres a pic of how it stands now. total on all the stuff on mine still adds up to less than what a stinky dee would cost, and its way cooler. i just wish it was a little lighter now.
why don't you like the stock fork?

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
Stinky

I really rate the bike, dont read many dissapointed reviews, If I hadn't bought my Cannondale 04 2000 gemini the deluxe one would have been the one for me, I know you shouldnt buy bikes just on looks but the stinky just looks right and Kona seem to have a good philosophy. I'm sure today the website will show the 05 Stinky's.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Kona's a great bikes for the money...my buddy has beat the snot out of his stinky deelux for a couple seasons and nothing but standard maintance has needed to be done....since he has had such good luck with his, I bought a chapperal which is bascially the same... search the threads.... there are alot of stinky owners on this site, next to bullits and bighits it's one of the most popular bikes... :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Felpur said:
Kona's a great bikes for the money...my buddy has beat the snot out of his stinky deelux for a couple seasons and nothing but standard maintance has needed to be done....since he has had such good luck with his, I bought a chapperal which is bascially the same... search the threads.... there are alot of stinky owners on this site, next to bullits and bighits it's one of the most popular bikes... :)
But the big hit will always be king :p

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
True dat!

Although being a former owner of both I have to say that I liked my Stinky more than m Bighit for rides where it involved lots of xc type stuff as well as the fun stuff....

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
stinkys are great bikes...

the stock fork is about as usefull as a sharp stick in the eye...the brakes rub like a MF...the rear shock is about as plush as a ridgid pogo stick...they accelerate like a tank...but once you look past all that you have a bomb proof FR bike thats great at most things...

you wont be dissapointed if you get one...yet i would keep ur money and wait till the 05 stinkys come out and get a much better speced bike...for example...a 7" drop off tripple...better rims...and much better rear shock (not sure what it is but it has an exterior resevoir...which im assuming means good things)...

oh and my 2 best mates both have stinkys...they look sweet with the fenders...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.