Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the problem: Kona Stinky or a custom Banshee Morphine

Here are the specs:

Kona Stinky:
Rear shock Fox Vanilla DHX 3.0
Fork Marzocchi Drop-Off Triple 170mm
Headset FSA
Crankarms TruVativ Hussefelt DH
Chainrings Rockguard/36/26
B/B TruVativ ISIS DH
Chain Shimano CN-HG53 (9sp)
Freewheel Shimano Deore 11-32 9 speed
F/D Shimano Deore
R/D Shimano Deore LX
Shifters Shimano Deore
Handlebar TruVativ Hussefelt OS Riser
Stem TruVativ Hussefelt OS
Grips Kona Jackshit
Brakes Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 Heavy Duty
Brake Levers Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 Heavy Duty
Front hub KK Disc
Rear hub Shimano FH-M475 disc
Spokes 14G Stainless
Tires Tioga White Tiger 26 x 2.5
Rims Sun MTX-S

-----------------------------------------------------------

Banshee Morphine:
Frame: Banshee Morphine
Fork: Manitou Stance Flow 05
Rear Rim: Sun Mag 30 intense
Front Rim: Sun Rims MTX
Bars: .243 Racing Alloy Bar
Brakes: HAYES HFX9
Rear Hub: DMR Revolver Single Speed Rear Disc Hub 14mm
Front Hub: DT Swiss Onyx Hub
Stem: .243 Racing Stem
Front tyre: Maxxis High roller
Rear Tyre: Maxxis Holy Roller
Cranks: TruVativ Crankset Stylo Single Speed
Rear chain ring Shimano Single Speed Freewheel SF-MX30 (16T)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Morphine costs about $200 more but that isnt worrying me
Note: Some parts have been left out of the specs because they are insignificant


my riding consists of:
- Urban
- Dirt Jumping on some small jumps or at a bmx track
- XC , most of the time but my xc involves monos, manuals bunnyhoppin logs, small drops ( 1-3ft ) and just hard riding with AnGeR!!!
- Downhill, well once i get one of these i probably will (just need to find a track)

Im mostly interested in durability because every bike i get falls apart piece by piece.
So i need a VERY strong bike that can handle what ever i throw at it!

So everybody give me some input about which you think can handle more and will last longer and so on!!

cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Octane_Matty said:
Heres the problem: Kona Stinky or a custom Banshee Morphine

Here are the specs:

Kona Stinky:
Rear shock Fox Vanilla DHX 3.0
Fork Marzocchi Drop-Off Triple 170mm
Headset FSA
Crankarms TruVativ Hussefelt DH
Chainrings Rockguard/36/26
B/B TruVativ ISIS DH
Chain Shimano CN-HG53 (9sp)
Freewheel Shimano Deore 11-32 9 speed
F/D Shimano Deore
R/D Shimano Deore LX
Shifters Shimano Deore
Handlebar TruVativ Hussefelt OS Riser
Stem TruVativ Hussefelt OS
Grips Kona Jackshit
Brakes Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 Heavy Duty
Brake Levers Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 Heavy Duty
Front hub KK Disc
Rear hub Shimano FH-M475 disc
Spokes 14G Stainless
Tires Tioga White Tiger 26 x 2.5
Rims Sun MTX-S

-----------------------------------------------------------

Banshee Morphine:
Frame: Banshee Morphine
Fork: Manitou Stance Flow 05
Rear Rim: Sun Mag 30 intense
Front Rim: Sun Rims MTX
Bars: .243 Racing Alloy Bar
Brakes: HAYES HFX9
Rear Hub: DMR Revolver Single Speed Rear Disc Hub 14mm
Front Hub: DT Swiss Onyx Hub
Stem: .243 Racing Stem
Front tyre: Maxxis High roller
Rear Tyre: Maxxis Holy Roller
Cranks: TruVativ Crankset Stylo Single Speed
Rear chain ring Shimano Single Speed Freewheel SF-MX30 (16T)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Morphine costs about $200 more but that isnt worrying me
Note: Some parts have been left out of the specs because they are insignificant


my riding consists of:
- Urban
- Dirt Jumping on some small jumps or at a bmx track
- XC , most of the time but my xc involves monos, manuals bunnyhoppin logs, small drops ( 1-3ft ) and just hard riding with AnGeR!!!
- Downhill, well once i get one of these i probably will (just need to find a track)

Im mostly interested in durability because every bike i get falls apart piece by piece.
So i need a VERY strong bike that can handle what ever i throw at it!

So everybody give me some input about which you think can handle more and will last longer and so on!!

cheers!
Banshee fo sho!
 

·
Renegade of Krunk
Joined
·
604 Posts
I think a hardtail would better suit your riding tendencies (Id much rather roll on a Morphine then a Stinky while DJ'ing urban, etc) and the Morphine is one hell of a hardtail. Super beef, 10 year warranty = gnarzor to the max. I would just ditch the Stance Flow, seeing as I have heard (and seen pics of) a lot of bad things about the Stance series all together. I would look more into maybe a Flick Plus or Z1 FR. It sounds like the Morphine is coming as a complete though? If it is I would sell the Flow right off the bat and get something better.

Edit:
Damnet I took too long to post this, got sniped by like 3 peeps. Aw well. And I bet the Morphine would hold just as well if not better then a Stinky even if it is a FS bike. Banshee's site mentioned someone huckin 30 footers with it..I wouldnt be worried about the 'Shee's durability and like I said: 10 year warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
E30Evolution said:
I would just ditch the Stance Flow, seeing as I have heard (and seen pics of) a lot of bad things about the Stance series all together. I would look more into maybe a Flick Plus or Z1 FR. It sounds like the Morphine is coming as a complete though? If it is I would sell the Flow right off the bat and get something better.
im buying the frame then adding all the parts on

yes its an expensive bike for me im 16yrs old.....the banshee is AU $3200

im aware the stance flow is real cheap and nasty but its probably all i can aford.....ill check what kinda deal i can get with maybe a Z1 since at the moment on my Diamondback DBR rsx comp i have a drop off 2...
 

·
Renegade of Krunk
Joined
·
604 Posts
Octane_Matty said:
im buying the frame then adding all the parts on

yes its an expensive bike for me im 16yrs old.....the banshee is AU $3200

im aware the stance flow is real cheap and nasty but its probably all i can aford.....ill check what kinda deal i can get with maybe a Z1 since at the moment on my Diamondback DBR rsx comp i have a drop off 2...
Yeah my biggest piece of advice is dont bother with the Flow. I am pretty sure you can get a base 130mm Z1 for like $300 something, and I'd much rather have that over the Stance. Then there are the 150mm Z1's that cost a bit more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
E30Evolution said:
Yeah my biggest piece of advice is dont bother with the Flow. I am pretty sure you can get a base 130mm Z1 for like $300 something, and I'd much rather have that over the Stance. Then there are the 150mm Z1's that cost a bit more.
300 buks yer thats pretty good i got them i think.....they good but air assist compression.......pretty lame but ill take ur advice....cauz i saw the stance and it was cheap but i noticed how thin it is for a 150mm fork
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Go with the hardtail. It definitely seems to meet your needs better and will be more versatile for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
Go with the hardtail. It definitely seems to meet your needs better and will be more versatile for you.
fair enough then.....alright goin for the banshee...

but now we got this fork problem

stance flow is crap so.....

something preferably cheap and good.......guys remember to say wat currency cauz im an aussie :p

was thinkin a Z1 FR 3...bit lame mayb FR 2......or i could stretch the budget and start looking at dirt jumpers or flick......if i went to the extreme even a cheap triple clamp fork..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well for me this what it costs i think this is australian dollars....

Z1 FR 3 = 580 (same price as flow)
Z1 FR 2 = 780

DJ 3 = 717


jeeez im confused anybody got some accurate prices
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
dude, if your aussie then do yourself a favour and go onto www.Farkin.net and hit up the classifieds you wont regret it, jarred rando is selling his Yeti DJ for cheap which could be good for you and theres a bunch of awesome cheap stuff on there...

and coming from a fellow aussie, believe me theres better stuff out there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BJ- said:
dude, if your aussie then do yourself a favour and go onto www.Farkin.net and hit up the classifieds you wont regret it, jarred rando is selling his Yeti DJ for cheap which could be good for you and theres a bunch of awesome cheap stuff on there...

and coming from a fellow aussie, believe me theres better stuff out there...
HOLY SH!T......i never thought there was much stuff in aus!!!!!! ur legend!!!! :D
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Octane_Matty said:
hmmm the sherman flick has QR...that aint too good im questioning the strength
For most situations it'll probably be fine. I think you can pay extra and get a TA version of it too. Maybe look into the Pikes as well? 20mm TA, adjustable travel would be nice on urban and dj, as well as on those climbs that take you where you need to go.And atleast in US dollars they are much cheaper than most of the other forks you listed, except for the FR3. www.aebike.com has them starting at $325usd.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top