Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Enduro SL and a Kona Stinky. Never been to sourlands, think the Stinky is way overkill? It's about 40lbs and really is fun to ride in the rocks. How is the climbing at sourlands? Thanks

·
Arf, he said.
273 Posts
You could ride either the Enduro or the Stinky there. Personaly, I wouldn't want to lug 40 lbs up the hill, but the fun factor once you get up to the boulder fields might be worth the effort. My advice... ride the Enduro your first time there, then once you have a chance to scope things out, decide if the Stinky is worth the effort for a 2nd visit.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that sounds like a plan. I just have this Stinky sitting there not being ridden. I'll take the Enduro first. We're supposed to get some more rain this week, how is that place as far as drainage? does it get sloppy? Thanks for the reply:thumbsup:

·
Arf, he said.
273 Posts
Unfortunately drainage is not the best. I don't want to sound all preachy, but I organize the trail maintenance days at Sourlands for JORBA, and there are some pretty muddy sections out there right now. The clay mud tends to stick to your tires too, making the rocks super greasy. Wait until the place freezes again and then come out. This place is great in the winter as long as the ground stays frozen. Not so much during a thaw.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No prob thanks for the heads up. Looks like it's Allaire again this weekend. I went to CR last Saturday and didn't even take the bike off the truck it was so sloppy, turned around and drove to Allaire. Conditions there were excellent. My bike was still clean after 2 hrs:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
mickey rivers vs muddy waters

was thinking of heading to sourlands last week end but i heard it's pretty technical so i opted for 6 mile that was very muddy

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=472355

some folks do 6 mile & sourlands, but a dude i met on saturday at 6 mile said he only hikes at sourland. he being about my level, i'd probably trail run there 1st then if I think i can handle it, i'd break out the mtb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.