Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2,677 Posts
Yeah I worked with a guy who had a Stab Delux; it has a super long wheel base and is very sluggish on technical tight trails. On the other hand its super stable at speed on open terrain.

Kona DH bikes are okay, but you can do better for the money

·
Registered
121 Posts
I raced a Stab for 3yrs.

Super stable at speed, can take a serious beating, a tried and true linkage system, good bang for the buck.

A bit heavier then the "new" rides out there, not the latest and greatest linkage, not great in the tighter sections but it can be manhandled to get through.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
im putting together a Sinister R9....used frame and boxxer team. with all the parts put together, itll be less than $3k.

brand new bike though....hard to find at that price. maybe mongoose or giant?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TheOriginalDBD said:
I raced a Stab for 3yrs.

Super stable at speed, can take a serious beating, a tried and true linkage system, good bang for the buck.

A bit heavier then the "new" rides out there, not the latest and greatest linkage, not great in the tighter sections but it can be manhandled to get through.
Does anyone know the weight of this years Stab Deluxe?

·
Registered
708 Posts
best buy for that kind of money would be buying a Transition Blindside... you can find one for around 3500. i know its not 3k, but the 500 extras are far worth it than buying a kona stab for 3000

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
albertomannil said:
best buy for that kind of money would be buying a Transition Blindside... you can find one for around 3500. i know its not 3k, but the 500 extras are far worth it than buying a kona stab for 3000
Does the Blindside handle pure DH and some racing well?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.