Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a kona scab for dirt jumping. I'll drop a DirtJump 2 Fork on it. Anybody ever beat one of these up? Or have any good setup tips?

Thanks

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Yea, My cousin bashes on a scab so hard its not funny. he uses it as a downhill hardtail, i've seen him do constant drops on it and its his primary dirtjump bike. Still doesnt beat my bike though. in zona (whare he lives) I keep my bike there, its a 04' muddy fox therapy. he rides it for urban (w/o my permission :mad: ) but I love my MF, you wont be able to get one for cheap, I had to bring mine over from london. but the scab is a great choice. as are all konas :)

·
another bozo on the bus
1,244 Posts
POS! i got one and bent the rigid fork it came with on the first day. ovalized the headtube w/in the first week... and i am a small guy. only 150lbs. that was an older model. looks as though they beefed it up some. my buddy had the same problem with his. we warranteed them but still.. that bike was a joke! looked like a beefy steel frame with gussets, but the head tube itself was still thin wall.

·
another bozo on the bus
1,244 Posts
Morda said:
If you dont know how to ride a bike, doesnt matter how small or big you are, you will still break/snap or bend something.
why did i know that was coming. i rode a-pro bmx for 5 years, semi pro dh and pro slalom for 3, but still never learned how to ride. i think any "jumping bike" should be able to handle clipping a set of 15 foot doubles. this bike didnt. notice i say "clipped" and not "cased."and if i stepped on your tissue paper feelings by saying i dont like the bike you ride when my opinion was asked for, get over it kid! its not about who has the coolest toys.

·
another bozo on the bus
1,244 Posts
btw, i gave the disclaimer that it was an older model; 1st year they made it which i belive was "01. everyone i know had problems with it. i replaced it with a DMR which i really like for jumping, and dont get me wrong, i dig on the konas. had an aluminum hardtail after that and currently ride a stinky which i have had for 3 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.