Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about purchasing a Kula Primo made of Scandium, does any one have any input about this frame? Any info at all would be appreciated. I'm wondering about the ride characteristics of Scandium. I' v ridden Ti frames and aluminium. Thanks.

·
Trying to find Flow
3,512 Posts
ADDICT said:
I'm thinking about purchasing a Kula Primo made of Scandium, does any one have any input about this frame? Any info at all would be appreciated. I'm wondering about the ride characteristics of Scandium. I' v ridden Ti frames and aluminium. Thanks.
no personal experience with scandium, but I have heard it rides better than conventional aluminum, though I doubt it's as compliant as ti. Long-term durability might be a concern. I was reading the Rock Robster website and they don't really warranty their scandium frame as long as their steel frames. Don't know how well they hold up relative to traditional aluminum, but you have to realize that the Primo weighs 2.6 lbs. That's really attractive to me, but I'm guessing that weight comes with a downside.

Another downside is that you might have trouble finding a Primo, especially in size 18. My LBS and most places are sold out of the 2004, and I haven't heard word that there'll be an 05.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.