Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea which bike to choose, they both have the Fox Float Pro Pedal rear suspension both cost around $1500. I've read positive reviews on both. I'm an agressive XC rider. I'm leaning towards the Stumpjumper, any Kona fans wanna talk me out of it?

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
I would get the FSR, much better rear suspension design.

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
Stumpy.

Webster-Warrior said:
I have no idea which bike to choose, they both have the Fox Float Pro Pedal rear suspension both cost around $1500. I've read positive reviews on both. I'm an agressive XC rider. I'm leaning towards the Stumpjumper, any Kona fans wanna talk me out of it?
I'm biased as a stumpy owner but I'd go with the stumpy. Much more advanced suspension design in the FSR vs the psuedo 4-bar single pivot of the Kona. Add the lifetime warranty and your set. Try to get the expert rim (maybe 1600 or so). It has disk rims, add avid's when you can afford it. It's worth it for the fox fork & triad over the black equipped model IMHO.....

Vaughn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.