Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these published anywhere? I've found geomerty and every other spec I can think of on the site, and the weights of the full bikes, but not the frames themselves.

Anyone knwo where they can be found? The weight of the '05 Hoss frame is mainyl what i need, but I'd like the others to compare, if possible.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Joe... step up to the scale please.

honourablegeorge said:
Are these published anywhere? I've found geomerty and every other spec I can think of on the site, and the weights of the full bikes, but not the frames themselves.

Anyone knwo where they can be found? The weight of the '05 Hoss frame is mainyl what i need, but I'd like the others to compare, if possible.
Take Kona's published bike weight and subtract the manufacturer's published weight of every component... kidding. :D

.. but seriously.

Joe, can we see some frame weights please? I understand not every model is available as frame only. However, it appears that some of us are interested in this info.. not just the weight weenies. :thumbsup:

-sus13

·
Registered
412 Posts
honourablegeorge said:
Heh - no joke, i was seriously considering that......
Well you can e-mail them to get this info... probably will be less work. :)

BIKE magazine from Germany takes apart every bike they review and provide basic component weights... wheelset, fork, frame. Others in this forum have perhaps taken their bike apart at one point and maybe posted this info.

Since this is not secret information, I suggest that this info could be compiled on this handy web site:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

-sus13

·
Registered
365 Posts
honourablegeorge said:

Hey George,
The Hoss frame weighs 5.0 lbs exactly for the 18" frame.
For an example of others, the Caldera weighs 4.4 lbs.

Thanks!
Joe.

·
Registered
412 Posts
mopartodd said:
Joe. You should really make them sick and show them the weight of the Kula Primo frame. Let him see another reason it's called the HOSS.
;)
I'm not suggesting Kona doesn't know how to make light frames... or that most their frames are over-built. I understand that every design has a purpose and function. btw, the Kula Supreme frame weight is already published.

I'm only questioning why Kona chooses to be so selective on disclosing info about frame weights... in a way like when asking a woman's weight. :D

-sus13

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.