Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new Howler frame. I want to make sure I've got all the parts neccessary to build it up.

I've looked on Kona's site but I can't find items like seatpost dia/front der clamp dia/bb shell width etc..

Does anyone know where I can find this info?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got what I needed, thanks Joe!

Here is his reply incase anyone else needs this info:

Hey Dustin,

Sure thing. The seatpost diameter is 30.0, and the front derailleur is a 34.9.

The bb shell is a 68mm… and I think that's all the important stuff you need. It comes with a seatpost clamp.

Thanks!

Joe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
and the front derailleur is a 34.9.
I am building a howler also, I bought the frame and a fox vanilla r and put the rest of the parts from my P.2 on it. I'm going to start upgrading some parts and was thinking of putting a dual ring setup on it. I wasn't sure if you could put a front derailer on it, if your putting one on could you tell me what your using. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JJ_PA said:
I am building a howler also, I bought the frame and a fox vanilla r and put the rest of the parts from my P.2 on it. I'm going to start upgrading some parts and was thinking of putting a dual ring setup on it. I wasn't sure if you could put a front derailer on it, if your putting one on could you tell me what your using. Thanks in advance
I discovered you most likely can't run a dual ring..

You may be able to squeeze in an e-type der. if you cut the cage..:madman: But even then I don't see anyway to get the chain to clear the chainstay with anything smaller than a 32T..

I just picked up a 34T and a E13 SRS, does just fine on most climbs If I raise the seat up..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.