Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
freerider_54 said:
hey i was wondering if the dawg matic is any good for jumping and drops and other stuff like that
MMMmmm sort of... I have a Dawg as my XC / sometimes DJ bike... I wouldn't do any BIG drops with it, that's for sure, and only smooth DJ's. I mean it's an All Mountain XC rig... ya want to do drops and jumps at least get a Coiler, if not a Stinky.

But , for it's intended use it is a pretty burly bad ass little rig... and Kona are good peeps on the realz.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My buddy rides one

I've never taken it for a ride, but my buddy has one, and I've seen what it can take. I've broken burlier bikes on 5foot drops. If you're riding trails that have a lot of climbing and a few small drops(3feet or less) on the way down I would go for it. Otherwise the coiler is a better option. Lots of people I ride with bought light all mountain bikes for trail bikes, I saw lots of broken frames last year and one on saturday too.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Both those guys are right. I ride a dawg primo, and its an awsome agressive xc bike. It eats up roots, rocks, pretty much anything and everything on the way down. It has an awsomely high BB in my opinion. On the uphills its great too, I have lockout in the rear which is a great feature for this bike as well. On drops etc... over 3.5 - 4 feet, I kinda wish i had more travel, found in the coiler or even a stinky. But it can def. take alot of abuse, and is an awsome bike for what it is built for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.