Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about the Kona Cowan fram, whether it's good good or not? i'm getting a Jr.T for my Stinky and want a hardtail that I can put my drop-off triple on.

Attachments

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Chikity China said:
Does anyone know anything about the Kona Cowan fram, whether it's good good or not? i'm getting a Jr.T for my Stinky and want a hardtail that I can put my drop-off triple on.
it looks really nice. one of the cool local shops around here has one on the wall. i would go for it, but one thing is i would advise you to spend your money on a super t instead of the junior. its just gonna be your drop off with a 20mm axle and inch more travel.

good luck

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know that, I'm just going for the more travel and I don't want to spend money for a new hub. if I could find a good deal on something better, than I would go for it but so far no dice.Its either brand new or nothin (most of the people around here are skaters)
Also, a 12 year old I know is runnin a super t on his coiler and I don't want to follow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love My Cowan

I've had one for about 5 months and it's the best fitting jumping frame I've had. Great geometry (with my 4" Fox up front) and also the drop-out choices are great too. Can't go wrong, IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the cowan is definitly my first choice as of now. I'm gonna place an order for a Jr. T and the Cowan ASAP
and one more question, what should the setup be other than the Drop Off Triple?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
that depends on what ur gunna be doing...or what u want the frame to be...a freeride hardtail or a jumping/urban hardtail...if it was going to be a freeride hardtail id say keep the drop-off untill u can afford to put a better fork on ur stinky and then just swap over the jnr-t...but if u didnt want a tripple for ur HT then is say summin from the sherman range or a new 66...

·
Rider of Bikes
224 Posts
I've had a Cowan for a couple of months, too. As a companion bike to my Stinky Dee-Lux, I have it set up as an urban & dirt jumper. I have a 4" Black fork, I run a single ring in the front, and Hookworm tires. This bike has been tons of fun at the local skate park, and it's an great jumper. I'm sure it would be a great HT freerider if you set it up that way. Great choice for a frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts