Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys;
I have been thinking of a Kona for a long time now, but as luck would have it now that I have some money, the LBS curently has no stock on the Caldera and would take 6 business days to get one (not a problem waiting). They recommended the Trek 6700 Disc but I am having trouble figuring if it was to move their stock or if it is a better bike overall. I will decide either tomorrow or Sunday and I was hoping some one here might have some input on either bikes or something else that I am missing that would blow them away in this 1000-1400 range. I mostly do single track XC once a week with a buddy of mine. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cadiell said:
Hey Guys;
I have been thinking of a Kona for a long time now, but as luck would have it now that I have some money, the LBS curently has no stock on the Caldera and would take 6 business days to get one (not a problem waiting). They recommended the Trek 6700 Disc but I am having trouble figuring if it was to move their stock or if it is a better bike overall. I will decide either tomorrow or Sunday and I was hoping some one here might have some input on either bikes or something else that I am missing that would blow them away in this 1000-1400 range. I mostly do single track XC once a week with a buddy of mine. Thank you for your help.
Look for the Ironhorse Warrior Race. The components are nice. I'm not positive on the price but I have seen the warrior expert for $700.

·
Registered
303 Posts
you're missing out on this deal!

$1400 to spend? Forget the 6700 Disc or the Caldera. Hardtails with LX-ish components. My friend's selling his full suspension xc 2004 Trek Fuel 95 with top of the line upgrades for only $1400, down from the $3600 he spent on it last summer. Full XT Componentry, Duke Race, Chris King Headset, Thomson Seatpost, Easton EC90 bar, Ritchey WCS Stem, Selle Italia Flite Ti Saddle.... Crazy deal, but he needs the money by today at 3pm EST. If you can manage that, it will be the best deal of the year, no kidding. I am shocked that he's listing it for so low, but hey, good for you right? =) Drop him a mail at [email protected], or send him the money straight away to secure it. $1450(including shipping), to [email protected] via Paypal.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...ts_format=long&query=retrieval&exact_match=on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.