Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exploring several possibilities for a new bike right now, and the Kona Caldera is right up near the top. Or at least it was. You see, I checked out the 2004 model online and was rather impressed by what I saw. Typically, I'd say 'no no no' to riding a red bike. But the 2004 Caldera had this great shade of red - on the website at least - that didn't just get me past riding a red bike, I actually really dug it!

Thing is, my LBS is all out of Calderas, as you can imagine this time of year. They expect the 2005s in, but I really, really, really can't stomach that cream color the 2005 Caldera comes in. And what a bloody shame that is. The Caldera has all the parts I'm looking for in a new bike - hardtail, hydro disc brakes, decent fork, it's all there.

But that pukerific cream color...

Yes, I really am that shallow.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You're not alone in your shallowness. :D

A friend of mine almost bought a $3000 bike (Jamis Dakar XLT 3.0) for no better reason than he liked the color.

·
Registered
832 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
Exploring several possibilities for a new bike right now, and the Kona Caldera is right up near the top. Or at least it was. You see, I checked out the 2004 model online and was rather impressed by what I saw. Typically, I'd say 'no no no' to riding a red bike. But the 2004 Caldera had this great shade of red - on the website at least - that didn't just get me past riding a red bike, I actually really dug it!

Thing is, my LBS is all out of Calderas, as you can imagine this time of year. They expect the 2005s in, but I really, really, really can't stomach that cream color the 2005 Caldera comes in. And what a bloody shame that is. The Caldera has all the parts I'm looking for in a new bike - hardtail, hydro disc brakes, decent fork, it's all there.

The world wide web is a small place... I remember you (if it is 'you') way back from the Granturismo forum.

As for the bike, just shell out the extra for a Kula De, it's looking good this year and I'm blown away by the price.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Caldera and the putrid color?

Just to let you know those colors you see for some of the konas will be changing but I don't know which ones. I have heard a wild rumor that almost all of the bikes that have cream on them will be changed or another color option will be added so you still have a little hope. "Color does matter noty size" Ok size helps to..

·
Registered
6 Posts
what size 2004 caldera do you need

SpinWheelz said:

what size were you looking for? i bougt an 18" that was to big so my lbs had to order me a smaller one. they might still have that one at the shop.

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kris, the intaweb is a small place indeed!

cadman, that 18" is going to be a bit too big for me, I imagine. Shame 'cause I'm guessing you're getting the 2004 model? I'm 5'4", so I imagine I'd fit somewhere around a 14" or a 16" (I think those are the smaller sizes).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts