Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Rp3

DiRt DeViL said:
Anyone can tell me how this frame rides? Does it bobs like a pogo stick or is it a good pedaler?
I had one with a RP3 and it pedaled good sitting down. Out of the saddle :(

If it had a remote lock-out :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Kona "A" review

I have a Kona A that arrived this past Spring. Built it up as a SS for the first three months of the year. Rode well both in and out of the saddle. Since I'm a committed steel hardtail fan and this was my first full suspension bike the ride, IMHO, was really good. Part of that is the ability to increase air pressure in the RP3 so climbing when standing is better than expected. The Fox Talus fork helped as well. When locked out and the RP3 in its stiffer setting climbing wasn't a problem. Around April or so I made a front derailer cable stop, retrofit clamp around the seat tube, and added gears for my first attempt at the Cascade Cream Puff 100. Successfully compleated the Puff, even with two flats, ahead of several friends also making their first attempt. Rode a full summer on the bike including the 12 hours of Willamette Pass. But ... now that winter has set in here in Oregon back to the steel hardtail SS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts