Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
you said.. Member
228 Posts
Funny, I was just gonna ask the same question.

That A Frame looks pretty trick with the sliding vertical drop outs & disc mount but, I'm not sure about cranking hard on it up hill...

·
I'm feeling dirty, you?
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Padre said:
Got a gearie buddy who's got one...he likes alot, i reckon..
Gearie huh... did your buddy steal a derailleur hanger from a Explosif or Cowan frame. Isn't it tricky to weld on derailleur cable stops?

The very big picture:
www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/images/frames/2K4_Frame_A_1300.jpg
Strangely it cost $1000 less than The King frame, I know that The King has Scandium tubing and a AVA shock, but is it really worth it?
The A has a really cool half-polished look which you don't see on many mid-range bikes, big-arse bearings on the BB and so much machined goodness.
If you want to run it geared modify it with trick machinery, I know... you do have to get a rear shock before the bike rolls anywhere.

Explosif
www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/images/frames/2K4_Frame_Explosif_650.jpg
Steel is real, True Temper Platinum OX
Cowan
www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/images/frames/2K4_Frame_Cowan_650.jpg

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
easy turbo.
read my post again, slowly.
i have a gearie friend (rides a geared bike mostly)
he also owns a kona full suspension singlespeed and rides it every once in a while.

jonowee said:
Gearie huh... did your buddy steal a derailleur hanger from a Explosif or Cowan frame. Isn't it tricky to weld on derailleur cable stops?

·
I'm feeling dirty, you?
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Padre said:
easy turbo.
read my post again, slowly.
i have a gearie friend (rides a geared bike mostly)
he also owns a kona full suspension singlespeed and rides it every once in a while.
Why did you even mention the "gearie" part in the first place?, unless you're a dedicated SSer and you discriminate against geared folks.

G

·
What's up with you Padre ? That's the second or third time this week somebody jumped all over your back for what seems like no reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts