Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
I need more time
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is that the floating disc brake thing.

is it like like an arm or somehting. ive seen a pic of one. On one of the foes frames. At least what i thought should be the floating brake.

you couldnt explain to me how that works. :confused:

i'm a beginner and its just one of those annoying lil things i dont know yet.
thanks in advance

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
The Kadvang said:
@ssholes at Kona didn't put up any of the DH/FR bikes! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . They said more are coming soon.
haha. i checked it at 12:01 last night and was like WTF! i think they were late last year too..

·
I need more time
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol

Yeah they put up 19, but thats like the kids bikes and other non really exciting ones.

I just wanna see the new stinkys.

So this is the 15th and we await (impatientally).

Bet they wont be up until like 23:59:59.99 :(

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
kelesis said:

is it like like an arm or somehting. ive seen a pic of one. On one of the foes frames. At least what i thought should be the floating brake.

thanks in advance
The floating brake arm allows the suspension to be more active during braking because it allows to caliper to move freely from the suspension arc. I have one on my V-10 and it helps a lot compared to other V-10s I've ridden without them.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
kelesis said:

thanks in advance
It's for people who go slow and actually use there brakes in the rough stuff.

-TS

·
I need more time
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sooooooo.

As the rear of the bike compresses. As in the rear shock is compressed this floating brake stays in the same place. Hmmm then the disk has to move. Which is on the hub. Which is on the rear triangle. HMM

prob be easy for me to work out if i saw one in real life. I'm that kinda person. I can't work anything out from words but let me look at it for 5 min and i should have it sussed. Thanks for trying tho. lol :D

·
I need more time
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have just seen a picture. its on the stinky surpreme. there was a review of it on the kona site. the reveiw is in french. but the 2005 bikes still are not on the site.

Any way. The arm attaches to the BB or there abouts. Then from what i saw as the rear suspension compresses and the rear tyre moves the arm holds the caliper. And the caliper actually moves around the rotor. From what i saw anyway.

Would i be correct.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
kelesis said:
I have just seen a picture. its on the stinky surpreme. there was a review of it on the kona site. the reveiw is in french. but the 2005 bikes still are not on the site.

Would i be correct.
Yea but i've heard rumors that the floaters won't be on the 05 bikes till late next year.

While were on the subject does anyone know if Giant has anything new coming out for '05.

-TS

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
TheSherpa said:
While were on the subject does anyone know if Giant has anything new coming out for '05.

-TS
someone posted a thread a while back taht said giant was gonna come out with an 8" travel vpp type frame.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.