Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take advantage of the deal at JensonUsa. However, they only have the 14" bikes left. It states up to 5'7" rider. I am 5'8". Should I opt for the bigger bike or will I not notice much of a difference.

Thanks for your opinions and advice.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you were using it strickly for DJ, urban or any other freeride, the 14" would be fine as you can flick it around easier. If your going to use it as a trail bike you definitely want the medium.
Also, jenson has '09 komodo frames for 120 bucks... just throwing that out there.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
499 Posts
Yeah, if you're gonna use it for trails, get the medium, I kinda wish I'd gotten another in small though because I wish it were a little more flickable

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gentleman

Thanks for your help in regards to the Komodo. I now am looking at two options. Buying an '08 online for roughly $450 bucks. Or get a new 2011 from a local bike shop and get the local support to include 2 years worth of free tune ups? Have to read the fine print on that one. $649 for the new one. New one has the front fork that can lock out.

Love to hear opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Buy it local, that way your supporting small business and its always nice to just drop it off and have a free tuneup done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts