Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an 04 Komodo FX but it was recently stolen. i had it for about 2 months at home, then i brought it out to school and about 4 hours later it was stolen out of my friends house ... i was and still am pissed to no end about it, but i digress..

after it was stolen i heard somethings about the XLT frames cracking by the chainstays and such. but that was on the dual suspension bikes. I am a big rider at 250 lbs and 6'8". and i plan on riding some urban, trails and freeride parks. i am looking for oppinions on whether i should get another Komodo or go for a stronger frame and just upgrade the parts group to hussefelt stuff.

ANY oppinions that anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have an 03 komodo frame and and very pleased with it. I regularly do 4' to flat, have done 5' (just not much fun at this height). I basically use it as an urban (and some trials) bike and has held up to everything (I bent my race-face prodigy cranks but the frame is perfect). Hope this helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Komodo Frame

I think you will do yourself good if you wait for the '05 Komodo FX 1.0 or 2.0 (frames or complete bikes). These bikes are TOTALLY meant for hard hitting brutality. The frames are the strongest Komodo frames ever built. Both are 7005 triple gauge aluminum w/ a double gusseted mainframe (top tube/seat tube and headtube/downtube) and large heavy duty stays for those who grind or push the limits.

The 2.0 as a complete comes with 8" Hayes HFX-9 hydraulic discs, Manitou Stance Flow fork w/ hex lock axles, WTB Dual Duty Free Ride rims, Hutchinson Spiders, Truvativ Hussefelt cranks and stem, Truvativ h-bars, Truvativ seatpost and Deore rear/Sram X-7 front derailleurs w/ Deore shifters.

The 1.0 comes with a SR Duro D fork w/ magnesium lowers, alloy crown, 32mm stanchions, w/ 130mm of coil sprung travel w/ hydraulic damping. (It looks like SR is stepping things up.) This more affordable hard hitter also comes w/ Alex MC20 rims w/ formula hubs, Shimano Deore rear/Alivio front derailleur with Alivio shifters, Truvativ Hussefelt ISIS 32/22 crankset, and Tektro Aquilla mechanical discs w/ 6" wavy rotors.

Sorry for the long post, just giving you tha 411.

·
Registered
456 Posts
komodos

I have a 03 komodo and it is bullit proof!!! I do this 6' drop by my house on it constantly, kept bodoming the Z.1 FR that it came with so I just swiched to a marz Jr T. im having some fork movment tho, like the bearings up front are shot tho, probly cuz I ride so hard, uther than that the frame is hot!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts