Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was built up just in time for the weekend. I love the bike it is the first steel bike I have owned so I don't have alot to compare it to. I had a Fisher Rig and this bike totally out performs that recycled beer can frame. Kris and everyone at Vassago are really great to work with. I ordered the frame and had it in 2 days.

·
You know, for kids
1,570 Posts
nice! I'll be showing off a Louisiana short bus this weekend. I got my frame in today and I've got everything else except the cranks/BB and those should be in by the end of the week. The frame itself looks great.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Compare to Soma Juice

Vassago is on my short list, also looking at Soma Juice and Fisher Ferrous. Any one know how the Jabberwocky compares?

How wide can you go with the rear tire?

PS Nice Bike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
meusoc45 said:
My inseem is right at 32". Think the 20" might be too big? Hmmm....
I am 6"1 with a 32" inseam, and ride a 20" frame. I run a Thomson setpost with zero offset, and a Thomson 90mm stem. I could most likely ride an 18" frame, I would just have to use a 100 or 110mm stem.

I think you could go either way, it just depends on how you like to setup your bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My bike is a 18" my Fisher Rig was a 19" and the jabber fits perfect I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam. The tire are specialized Resolutions2.3 and I still have plenty of space for bigger tires. I can't tell you how much I love the feel of this frame.

·
Registered
140 Posts
auditunerb5 said:
Vassago is on my short list, also looking at Soma Juice and Fisher Ferrous. Any one know how the Jabberwocky compares?

How wide can you go with the rear tire?

PS Nice Bike:thumbsup:
If you're running disc brakes Vassago over the Soma hands down. With Jabber the rear wheel slides right out no need to remove the brake caliper.

Rear Tire: I run a big fat rampage just fine on my Jabber.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Stumpy J said:
My bike is a 18" my Fisher Rig was a 19" and the jabber fits perfect I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam. The tire are specialized Resolutions2.3 and I still have plenty of space for bigger tires. I can't tell you how much I love the feel of this frame.
Nice build! how do ya like the pitchfork?
the new frames are disc only, no?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.