Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the endo but am worried that it just won’t fit me because of the slack seat tube angel. I have a very long inseam and run my seat very high in relation to my height so I like long seat tubes and short top tubes. Has anyone ever run into this and what frame size is recommended if I generally run a 23" TT and a 19" ST?

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Which Knolly frame are you looking at? How tall are you? I'm 6'4" and run the XL Endo and the fit is great. Running a 410mm seatpost.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
stinkyboy said:
I have been looking at the endo but am worried that it just won't fit me because of the slack seat tube angel.
Well , take a look at where the seat tube meets the down tube compared to where the bottom bracket shell lies...........the effective seat angle is still ( from the Knolly website) about 73 degrees ! I was thinkin the same thing before I got my Endorphin but have had no issues whatsoever.........in fact the cockpit feels great and I dig the fact that when you lower the seat it moves further forward to give more clearance to slide back for going over steeper stuff ! TIG.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Stinkyboy, the effective measurements on the Knolly web site account for the slack seat angle and are perfectly accurate. At 6' I'd be surprised if you fit a medium; off the cuff I'd figure you for a large. Is the 23" TT you measured actual or effective?

Because of the slack seat tube the actual lengths of the mainframe tubes will be surprisingly short. Those measurements are misleading. You need to consider the virtual seat tube angle when figuring out frame size (these are what are listed on the Knolly site).

If you're concerned about the slack seat tube putting you too far back I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm 6'5" with a 35.5" inseam and run an XL Delirium without issue. Just make sure that you get a post with no layback and you should be fine. I use a Thomson Elite with the layback head and it's perfect.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Hello stinkyboy!

I think other posters here have said it best regarding seat tube anglesso I don't have much to add apart from that I agree with Asin and a large sized Endorphin will almost certainly be the best fit for you.

If you want to discuss your fit situation with us further, please don't hesitate to contact us or your dealer.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.