Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for advice sizing a new fugitive LT. Im 6’1.5”, 35” inseam (crothc to floor). Im torn between L and XL. Ive reached out to knolly and a local shop hoping to find a demo or bike to at least check sizing.

My last bike was a yeti sb5.5, size large. Felt pretty good most of the time, perhaps a touch short when descending. Ive definitely am an all mountain rider - i enjoy going up, but ride up to get down. Local trails are nostly tech singletrack, not much smooth flow trails. Rarely shuttle, maybe 2 bike park days a season.

What size did you end up on relative to your size?

·
orthonormal
5,260 Posts
I'm 5'10" on a L. I could have gone M or L and been happy either way. The L is a little more stable, the M is a little more maneuverable. I would have wanted a 60mm stem to get a comfortable climbing position with the M but i'm using 40mm on the L.

FWIW, I recently did a class with Lee McCormack and he felt I should definitely be on the M. I'd probably end up with a 40mm stem on the M using his fit methodology.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Any perspective on the Medium size for a guy who's 5''6, 30" inseam?

Sizing guide says small, but the geo to me and what I've been riding and now demoing Id be inclined to go M all day... I know sizing is to an extent somewhat subjective and ridre based, but the S just looks - "small" to me

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't believe people should base sizes on their height, but their wingspan, using stack to adjust for inseam and torso, and bikes should only be sized by reach. For example, I'm 6' tall on a large Warden. I have a long stem on it, as it felt a bit short. My wingspan is 6' 2.5", meaning I would fit better on an XL with a normal stem.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Any perspective on the Medium size for a guy who's 5''6, 30" inseam?

Sizing guide says small, but the geo to me and what I've been riding and now demoing Id be inclined to go M all day... I know sizing is to an extent somewhat subjective and ridre based, but the S just looks - "small" to me

thanks in advance!
I am the same size as you and on a medium fugitive with a 40mm stem. It feels like a big bike, but I am happy with the fit. I think a small with a longer stem would have been ok too, but I prefer to be near the bottom of the size range rather than the top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.