Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone out there between 5'10-5'11 riding an XL Fugitive LT, old geo? If so, how does it feel? I like the wheelbase of the XL but the reach is considerably bigger (could go with a shorter stem), but the 500mm seat tube appears to be the biggest problem.

Thanks!

· hispanic mechanic
2,688 Posts
Is anyone out there between 5'10-5'11 riding an XL Fugitive LT, old geo? If so, how does it feel? I like the wheelbase of the XL but the reach is considerably bigger (could go with a shorter stem), but the 500mm seat tube appears to be the biggest problem.

Thanks!
I'm around your height, and am on a L v1 Fugitive. I'm considering a WolfTooth angle adjust headset, perhaps that would help get what you're looking for.

· Registered
53 Posts
I am 6' and ride a L and wouldn't want it any longer. I'm not sure why at 5'10' you would want to go XL? If you are really desperate for a longer WB I would say hunt for something with longer chainstays or a slacker head angle.

You can also bump the fork to 160 or angleset as sslos suggested both of which will make the bike a bit slacker/longer.

· Registered
3,228 Posts
I agree that an angleset on the large is the way to go if you specifically want more wheelbase and not more reach, the longer seat tube of the XL plus the top tube length might be a big much at your height. Maybe a v1.5 Fug in large would be a better option? More reach and wheelbase plus a steeper seat angle so you're not too stretched out while seated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.