Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good mtbr/knolly peeps,

my beloved Delirium-T (that arrived last July -- see the build post here) was stolen today (Jan 2) in SF.

my mother-in-law (who's staying at our house for a few days) forgot to close the garage door. When my wife discovered the open door (~1hr later) the DT was gone.

this is obviously not a run-of-the-mill bike. If you happen to see it (apparently bikes stolen in SF can show up in Oakland or Alameda's Flea Markets), please send me a PM. I'm offering a $500 reward to the person who helps me recover the bike, no questions asked.

the full details of the build are on the build post but here's a photo:

thanks for any help/leads/support.

-waldrich

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
huge bummer man. so many bikes being stolen in these economic times. this is like the 3rd I've seen this week :nono:

I'll keep an eye out in socal if for some reason it takes a long trip. are there any distinguishing marks on the frame that could help determine it from one DT to the next?

·
1,113 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Getting a bike stolen is the worst!

Hopefully you have renters or home owners insurance.

That will sometimes cover a stolen bike.

Did you add a bash guard or change anything?

Would be good idea to note that to help in finding it.

Good luck hope you get it back.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
That really, really sucks.
x-posted to the Nor Cal forum for ya.

As I've mentioned in other theft posts. Hang thieves by their short hairs and turn 'em into Pinatas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.